Would like net ZTE firmware and IPv6 config please

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
jason2942

Would like net ZTE firmware and IPv6 config please

Post by jason2942 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am

Hi Exetel Support,

First I'd like to say, bang up job all in all. I've been a customer now since first going broadband more then a decade ago, and other than my grip with marketing only offering new customers the really good deals, Exetel and their support are fantastic.

I have a bit of a curve ball for you here:- I'd like the new firmware (sometimes the ZTE does get used 100% wifi and all), and the shinny new IPv6 setting's my mother's more recent connection appears to sport.

My config is set for the normal VDSL and ADSL configs, but I have them disabled and a bridged config for LAN1. My PPP connecting device is a Ubiquity USG-3P.

Is this something you can push out with the upgrade? If not, please touch base with me first so I can schedule.

Once again, thanks for all the fantastic. no-nonsense support over the years... It is truly refreshing!

My Service number: 0201357724
My MAC: 88:d2:74:8a:f3:5d
Mum's MAC (for reference on the IPv6 stuff): 7c:39:53:e8:93:07

Cheers,

Jason

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Would like net ZTE firmware and IPv6 config please

Post by nilushid » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:46 pm

jason2942 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am

First I'd like to say, bang up job all in all. I've been a customer now since first going broadband more then a decade ago, and other than my grip with marketing only offering new customers the really good deals, Exetel and their support are fantastic.
Thank you so much for the lovely feedback.
jason2942 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am
I have a bit of a curve ball for you here:- I'd like the new firmware (sometimes the ZTE does get used 100% wifi and all), and the shinny new IPv6 setting's my mother's more recent connection appears to sport.

My config is set for the normal VDSL and ADSL configs, but I have them disabled and a bridged config for LAN1. My PPP connecting device is a Ubiquity USG-3P. Is this something you can push out with the upgrade? If not, please touch base with me first so I can schedule.
New firmware version is available for your modem, however we will have to check with ZTE whether it will effect your current configuration. We already raised this to them and will get back to you with the outcome asap. Depending on the outcome we will schedule the upgrade. The investigation is ongoing under the Ref: 14645208

With regards to the IPv6 request, you will need to send us a request via the Members facility (online account). Please log in to your Members account and go to "Service and Usage" and then Click on Manage on the Fibre account. Under the "Manage IP" section, you can send us the request. Once we receive the request, our back end administrators will review and get back to you with result.

jason2942

Post by jason2942 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi again,

Please cancel the ticket you logged on my behalf.

I've upgraded to the new firmware and the bridge mode settings were retained. Additionally, the IPv6 now works when I use the in-modem authentication... Will have to work out why it's not happening when established from the USG.

For reference, the firmware is on the Exetel wiki. Links to page and direct to binary follow.

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... .1_ETL.1T7

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/images/6/6 ... rmware.bin

Cheers,

Jason

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:50 pm

jason2942 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi again,

Please cancel the ticket you logged on my behalf.

I've upgraded to the new firmware and the bridge mode settings were retained. Additionally, the IPv6 now works when I use the in-modem authentication... Will have to work out why it's not happening when established from the USG.

For reference, the firmware is on the Exetel wiki. Links to page and direct to binary follow.

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... .1_ETL.1T7

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/images/6/6 ... rmware.bin

Cheers,

Jason
Hi Jason,

That is a good news and great to hear the T7 version have fixed the issue here.