Modem locked to a user / service

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
tez1

Modem locked to a user / service

Post by tez1 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:10 am

Hi there,

I have a ZTE H268A modem here that has been originally provisioned my brother. I've connected this up to the NBN modem and the internet light stays red. A second H268A modem which was sent to me for my previous ADSL service works fine.

With the first modem, I've performed a factory reset and entered in my nbn login and password

My question is are the modems which are sent out to customers tied down to their only Exetel service and cannot be used by others?

Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Modem locked to a user / service

Post by KavindaS » Fri May 03, 2019 12:59 pm

tez1 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:10 am
Hi there,

I have a ZTE H268A modem here that has been originally provisioned my brother. I've connected this up to the NBN modem and the internet light stays red. A second H268A modem which was sent to me for my previous ADSL service works fine.

With the first modem, I've performed a factory reset and entered in my nbn login and password

My question is are the modems which are sent out to customers tied down to their only Exetel service and cannot be used by others?

Thanks
Exetel provided ZTE H268A modem will work with any Exetel service (ADSL/Fibre). However, usually the modem is pre-configured with the relevant service credentials. Therefore, the other service will work when you manually configure it, and you will need to contact our technical support team, to have the profile change.

If you do not modify the profile through the support team, when you factory reset the modem, it will load the default settings with the previous credentials.

tez1

Post by tez1 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:06 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Exetel provided ZTE H268A modem will work with any Exetel service (ADSL/Fibre). However, usually the modem is pre-configured with the relevant service credentials. Therefore, the other service will work when you manually configure it, and you will need to contact our technical support team, to have the profile change.

If you do not modify the profile through the support team, when you factory reset the modem, it will load the default settings with the previous credentials.
Hi Kavinda

Thanks for the explanation. I plugged the other modem in after a factory reset, logged in and under the WAN section, added my log in details, however the internet light remained on red? Any ideas?

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Fri May 03, 2019 8:56 pm

tez1 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi Kavinda

Thanks for the explanation. I plugged the other modem in after a factory reset, logged in and under the WAN section, added my log in details, however the internet light remained on red? Any ideas?

In that case, as explained above, you may have to contact our support center between 8.30am to 11pm troubleshoot the service issue.