Increase in spam emails

Malware detection, cleaning and prevention

Increase in spam emails

Postby Tafkam on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:27 am

Just in the last few weeks I've had a (HUGE) increase in spam emails. Every day now I get at least 3 or 4 of these "your $11,000,000 is waiting for you ...blah blah" or something similar. I have the spam filter activated on that email account, and it's the one getting all the spam! I only get the ones with [SPAM] in the subject very occasionally.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Tafkam

Re: Increase in spam emails

Postby thejeg on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Tafkam,

Tafkam wrote:Just in the last few weeks I've had a (HUGE) increase in spam emails. Every day now I get at least 3 or 4 of these "your $11,000,000 is waiting for you ...blah blah" or something similar. I have the spam filter activated on that email account, and it's the one getting all the spam! I only get the ones with [SPAM] in the subject very occasionally.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Currently there is no way to prevent spam. , we recommend that Internet users try the following methods to prevent spam:

1. E-mail addresses posted on Web sites or in newsgroups are being attacked by most spammers. So Avoid posting your E-Mail address in public websites (If it is possible).
2. Short e-mail addresses are easy to guess, and may receive more spam. We would recommend you to change you E-Mail addresses to an uncommon addresses (If it is possible).
3. As an alternate solution, you could use a powerful / updated spam filter.

Cheers,
Tj :)
thejeg

Postby thomashouseman on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 am

You're using the Ironport spam filter Exetel charge for?
thomashouseman

Postby Tafkam on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks for your reply TJ :)

I don't have my email address on any newsgroup or website. My email address is not all that short, and is quite unusual (I would think, anyway) , and can you recommend a good spam filter? I "mark as junk" as they come in, but very rarely do they come form the same email address again.

Thomas ~ yes I have the Exetel spam filter that we pay $2 for.

Cheers
Tafkam

Postby lingg on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Please pm me your email address and some examples of the spam as below:

To:
Subject:
Date/Time:
lingg

Return to Virus / spam / spyware issues