SPAM Block AUP link

Malware detection, cleaning and prevention
Mike Agent N040

Re: SPAM Block AUP link

Post by Mike Agent N040 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 pm

I had two customers kicked this morning for SPAM. May just be coincidence as it's not happened to me in a very long time, or it could be some new detection algorithm being a little overzealous. Not sure yet.
Exetel Agent N040
http://auzzie.net/cccweb

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:24 am

Mike Agent N040 wrote:I had two customers kicked this morning for SPAM. May just be coincidence as it's not happened to me in a very long time, or it could be some new detection algorithm being a little overzealous. Not sure yet.
I have added 3 new sources of spam reports to the automated blocking mechanism and fixed one. That takes it up to 5 for spam. This would result in a higher chance of getting blocked for spam if you are spamming.

Andrew

phoenixx

Post by phoenixx » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Well I dont have the exact report - but I have been told the group that triggered the report, their website appears to accept "user entered" input, so I have to wonder if the same person who added my emails to all the spam lists in the first place is the same one who made the "report".

One would think they would CHECK an alleged relay before issuing a block request to the participating ISP. Be too easy to put a company out of business who relies on internet.

But then the website appears to be government contracted, and we know their level of expertise (or complete lack thereof) when it comes to the internet.

:(