Another hoax email supposedly from Exetel

Malware detection, cleaning and prevention

Another hoax email supposedly from Exetel

Postby jemappelle on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 pm

I just got this one from help.desk@exemail.com.au. I am sure it is a hoax as it is asking for username and password details:

Your Exemail mailbox size in our data base has exceeded the percentage of its allotted quota.

Disk usage: 963109KB
Mail Quota: 1048576KB
Message Quota: 8354,
To help us re-set your Disk usage on our Data Base prior to maintaining your mail box, you must update your Exemail mail box by replying this email with your mail box login Information as requested below.

Email Address: _______________
User Name: _________________
Password___________________

After reading this notice, it is mandatory you submit your login Info and SAVE a copy on your draft folder.

Thank You.
Data Base Admin Manager
Exemail Webmail Team.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
jemappelle

Re: Another hoax email supposedly from Exetel

Postby James on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:14 pm

jemappelle wrote:I just got this one from help.desk@exemail.com.au. I am sure it is a hoax as it is asking for username and password details:

Your Exemail mailbox size in our data base has exceeded the percentage of its allotted quota.

Disk usage: 963109KB
Mail Quota: 1048576KB
Message Quota: 8354,
To help us re-set your Disk usage on our Data Base prior to maintaining your mail box, you must update your Exemail mail box by replying this email with your mail box login Information as requested below.

Email Address: _______________
User Name: _________________
Password___________________

After reading this notice, it is mandatory you submit your login Info and SAVE a copy on your draft folder.

Thank You.
Data Base Admin Manager
Exemail Webmail Team.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

Hi,

They happen to all domains, nothing much any ISP can do.

James
James
Exetel Staff

Return to Virus / spam / spyware issues