Phishing Email - Upgrade notification

Malware detection, cleaning and prevention
rasikak
Exetel Staff

Phishing Email - Upgrade notification

Post by rasikak » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:02 am

A phishing email is currently being distributed targeting Exetel web mail users.

Please note that this email was not sent by Exetel. If you have received this email please do not action what is mentioned in the email. Simply detele the email.
If you have actioned, please note that your webmail account has been compromised and you must change the email password by via the MyExetel web portal.

Do not trust any email that was not sent from exetel.com.au

This is the content of the email.
Attachment.png
Attachment.png (22.07 KiB) Viewed 364 times

grl8862

Re: Phishing Email - Upgrade notification

Post by grl8862 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:55 pm

I've got two phishing email's this week from exetel_noreply. Email looked real except I don't pay by credit card and my last payment went through ok.
I work in IT and it fooled me initially.
God help the elderly and their bank accounts.

THE EMAIL >>>

Welcome to Exetel Billing Update ,

Dear Exetel Customer,

There was an issue with your last subscription According to our records your account is set to be paid by a recurring automated charge to your Credit Card. Unfortunately, your credit card company has declined our most recent request for payment, please update your payment.

To avoid disconnection, please update your billing information to be able to pay your outstanding balance with a different credit card. This will help avoid service interruption.

UPDATE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD

Update existing Automatic Payment details <http://terrgood.com/logs/exetel>

grl8862

Re: Phishing Email - Upgrade notification

Post by grl8862 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:36 pm

I'd be sporting if Exetel could alert their customers by email about this. Not have to phish through old forum posts... :idea: