ADSL2 down for 1 month please respond.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services

ADSL2 down for 1 month please respond.

Postby bundywow on Wed May 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi,

My name is Matthew Bund
my customer number is
The service address in question is
Factory 6
4-6 Guelph St
Somerville, Victoria

I am writing here as a last resort as it seems no matter how many times i contact customer support via telephone i can not seem to make any progress.

on the 28th of March I applied for an ADSL connection via telephone.

on the 7th of april I was emailed notifying me that my service was active.

upon attempting to connect to the internet i discovered that my modem was indicating there was no DSL signal, I tried to troubleshoot as much as i could before contacting exetel.

Eventually I contacted Exetel and was told that there was a problem with the line and a technician would be dispatched and I would incur a fee of $220 if the line fault was on my end, seems reasonable, and to expect them within the next working week. You confirmed this in email on the 21st of april. No one showed up nor did i hear from you again.

Upon not hearing form you I called again, this time I was told that the line needed to be deactivated and reactivated and it would result in my phone number changing and was transferred to your Provisions department. I was told to expect a response form them within 24-48hours. This was never followed up with me and I have not heard back form your provisions department.

I have called 3 additional times to your support
Thursday the 27th of April 10:29am
friday the 28april at 16:44pm
monday the 1st of May 9:05am
Each time receiving different explanations as to the problem and being on hold for hours.

3rd May 15:46 - 40minutes 49sec Phone call
Today I just got off the phone with Tech support and your provisions department where I was told
"There was no record of previous fault being logged"
This is infuriating, I have the records on my phone and I have emails from your support department in my inbox
Email from your support dated april 21:
"residentialsupport@exetel.com.au
Apr 21 (12 days ago)

to me
Dear Sir/Madam,

In order to continue with further investigations on your reported service issue, the infrastructure will need to be checked for possible issues as it is you who is claiming the incident is attributed to the ISP infrastructure.
We would have to log this issue with the relevant supplier and get a technician to the exchange/field. If the technician that investigates returns to us with a negative result saying that the service up to the Network Boundary Point/ Main Distribution Frame (MDF if you are in an apartment building) is working fine (he uses his own equipment to determine this), a fee for this service at a total of $220 may be applicable.
Should you have further concerns, please feel free to contact us on: (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141

Regards,

Exetel Support"

How can you say there is no record.

Today is the 3rd of May in 4 days I will be without internet for exactly 1 month.

I have called and been patient with your support team on many occasions and it has not once been followed up with me.

I have been told today that there was no record of previous fault being logged.

I do not know if or when I will have internet.

I do not know if this is even been followed up or if you even recognize there is a problem.

I have been billed for this service and have paid despite not having any internet access.

I have multiple services through Exetel my home fibre my mobile and my (not working ) business adsl2+
I dont know what else i can do to get this seen to. If you can not fix it and I don't mean this as a threat I will have no choice but to use a different provider. The past month I have had to use very expensive mobile data to operate my business internet connection as a replacement for your not working service.

Any information or follow up would be hugely appreciated
If anyone from Exetel wants to contact me regarding this issue please
contact me on
It is getting very tireson calling your support phone number and being on hold for upto an hour and having to rexplain the issue over and over again every time.
Last edited by bundywow on Wed May 03, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bundywow

Re: ADSL2 down for 1 month please respond.

Postby bundywow on Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 pm

As it stands now I am being told that Exetel will get beck to me in 24-48 hours.
This is the third time I have been told this and they hadn't gotten back to me yet.
bundywow

Postby KavindaS on Wed May 03, 2017 10:29 pm

bundywow wrote:As it stands now I am being told that Exetel will get beck to me in 24-48 hours.
This is the third time I have been told this and they hadn't gotten back to me yet.

Firstly I would like to apologies to you on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience you may have experienced with relation to this matter. I refer to the ticket reference number 11498980 which has been followed by our provisioning department since 24th April until today. After they have received the confirmation from Telstra, now support department has re logged a service issue by making the required comments. Service issue reference number is 11537270. We will update you as soon as we receive an update by them.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby bundywow on Mon May 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Thank you for following this up however at this stage I still have no internet
There was some progress my modem has a solid DSL light however I do not have internet

My modem can see the exchange as it is giving readings on Line up and down speeds.
I reported this and after troubleshooting your support reset my password and the same problem persisted.

I am now being told to wait an additional 24-48 hours for telstra to investigate the line.
But as far as im aware this has already taken place and I feel like you guys are just taking me in circles.

Its been 32 days since activation date with no internet now.
Is there any additional information I can provide or anything I can do to get this rectified?

My modem is an Asus AC68U
I will post screenshots here of the settings and logs as soon as im back in that premises
bundywow

Postby bundywow on Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Log from my modem

"
Aug 1 00:00:27 WAN Connection: Fail to connect with some issues.
Aug 1 00:00:31 rc_service: zcip 610:notify_rc start_firewall
Aug 1 00:00:31 zcip client: configured 169.254.218.224
Aug 1 00:00:32 miniupnpd[482]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Aug 1 00:00:32 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules__vlan3880)!
Aug 1 00:00:32 kernel: nf_conntrack_rtsp v0.6.21 loading
Aug 1 00:00:32 kernel: nf_nat_rtsp v0.6.21 loading
Aug 1 00:00:32 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Aug 1 00:00:54 pppd[488]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
Aug 1 00:02:09 pppd[488]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
Aug 1 00:03:24 pppd[488]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
"

Ignore the date as i factory reset my modem prior to this
scrolling back through the log it seems to just repeat
"Timeout waiting for PADO packets"

I have DSL link and a solid DSL light
with line speed data and noise data etc.
bundywow

Postby bundywow on Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm

I would really like some sort of feedback here other than "we will get back to you" its been 32 days ........................

I realise im being told to wait for 24-48 hours but this is something like the 5th or 6th time ive heard that over the last 2 weeks

You say the line i being checked but its been checked...
Does Exetel have any kind of internal process for reviewing the service they provide customers..
bundywow

Postby KavindaS on Mon May 08, 2017 6:13 pm

bundywow wrote:I would really like some sort of feedback here other than "we will get back to you" its been 32 days ........................

I realise im being told to wait for 24-48 hours but this is something like the 5th or 6th time ive heard that over the last 2 weeks

You say the line i being checked but its been checked...
Does Exetel have any kind of internal process for reviewing the service they provide customers..

I believe that you have already contacted our provisioning department through the phone. With refer to their ticket 11498980, there appears to be a programming issue and that has been escalated with the supplier. I have internally further emailed to the provisioning manager to check and update you tomorrow.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby bundywow on Tue May 16, 2017 10:57 am

So someone from exetel called me on Thursday night alst week to confirm a technician to assist the issue. He said he will get back to me with a time and day but I have not heard anything..
This is the third time this has happened..
Its been almost 6 weeks without internet.

I've called you guys probably 20 times..
I've posted all the information I can to get some help

I've tried being polite..
I'm still paying

I'm spending a fortune in mobile data

I've had no internet for 6 weeks
bundywow

Postby bundywow on Tue May 16, 2017 11:33 am

I ask again what can I do to get my internet on??

I've called tech support more than I should have to..
I wait for calls that never come...
bundywow

Postby KavindaS on Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 pm

bundywow wrote:I ask again what can I do to get my internet on??

I've called tech support more than I should have to..
I wait for calls that never come...

Provisioning team is following up with Telstra. You should get an update before close of business today.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby bundywow on Fri May 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Im trying really hard to be respectful here.
It's been a week since I was told you would book a technician to assist and I still have no date or no word when this may be.

I am paying literally hundreds of dollars in mobile data with another company in order to cover my still not working internet.

Until now ive been an incredibly loyal Extel user this is beyond a joke.

You guys are 100% refunding me any and all fees ive paid until my service is active.
bundywow

Postby KavindaS on Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 pm

bundywow wrote:Im trying really hard to be respectful here.
It's been a week since I was told you would book a technician to assist and I still have no date or no word when this may be.

I am paying literally hundreds of dollars in mobile data with another company in order to cover my still not working internet.

Until now ive been an incredibly loyal Extel user this is beyond a joke.

You guys are 100% refunding me any and all fees ive paid until my service is active.

Exetel apologizes for the incontinence may have caused by this. I have referred the provisioning ticket 11498980 and currently they are waiting for the response from Telstra. They will update you as soon as their is an update with the time confirmation. Above requests were made on the same ticket and I have forwarded that to the provisioning manager.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby bundywow on Fri May 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Hey Guys

Ive still got no update as to a date for the technician.
I have a bill here for $873 for the month of 4g data from a telstra mobile internet I had to use while this issue is being resolved.

Still have no internet.

Is there someone beyond your front line tech support I can speak to please?

I feel like it isnt unreasonable to have a timeframe on a fix after over a month of no service.

Ive had to report this to the TIO I literally cant afford another month of this its incredibly disruptive to my business.
bundywow

Postby KavindaS on Fri May 26, 2017 4:33 pm

bundywow wrote:Hey Guys

Ive still got no update as to a date for the technician.
I have a bill here for $873 for the month of 4g data from a telstra mobile internet I had to use while this issue is being resolved.

Still have no internet.

Is there someone beyond your front line tech support I can speak to please?

I feel like it isnt unreasonable to have a timeframe on a fix after over a month of no service.

Ive had to report this to the TIO I literally cant afford another month of this its incredibly disruptive to my business.

Hi,

Please note that this completely following up via the provisioning department and not the technical support. Anytime if you need to communicate on this, call provisioning department during business hours. I have re checked this with them and still they need the supplier update. However you should receive a call today.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby bundywow on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:38 pm

So the technician came today and he checked my line, nothing wrong on my side.
He said that my line was never activated properly that it was an activation failure.
He did the jumpers today that weren't done during activation
and that my internet now should work

I try to log in but i cant.

Im on the phone to your tech support now who just told me he has a deactivation order for this account????? and that i canceled this service.

I DID NOT cancel my service

why would i cancel the service but at the same time wait around all day for the technician you organised for me 3 weeks ago...

what is going on
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

its been 8 weeks of no service my mobile data bill is over $1000
I have jumped through every hoop you sent me through
and now im being told my service was deactivated...

is this the usual turn around for troubleshooting for you guys?

The man on the phone is trying to troubleshoot but this is insane..
You have no idea how disruptive this has been...
bundywow

Next

Return to ADSL connections