Optus ADSL2 Outage Kelmscott WA 6111

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services

Optus ADSL2 Outage Kelmscott WA 6111

Postby kirkc on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:41 pm

My ADSL has been down since 1am today (almost 12 hours). I called support a few hours ago and was told there is an Optus issue but no further info. I still can't find any mention online.

Please give us some info.

I'm working from home and internet is vital so if the outage is expected to go on much longer I will need to start looking for a temporary solution to get me by (I'm currently using tethered mobile but it is slow and probably going to run out of data - it's a work phone so I can't even do anything about that until sometime tomorrow).

Thank you.
kirkc

Re: Optus ADSL2 Outage Kelmscott WA 6111

Postby AroshJ on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:37 pm

kirkc wrote:My ADSL has been down since 1am today (almost 12 hours). I called support a few hours ago and was told there is an Optus issue but no further info. I still can't find any mention online.

Please give us some info.

I'm working from home and internet is vital so if the outage is expected to go on much longer I will need to start looking for a temporary solution to get me by (I'm currently using tethered mobile but it is slow and probably going to run out of data - it's a work phone so I can't even do anything about that until sometime tomorrow).

Thank you.

We are extremely sorry about your experience. Below forum thread is constantly being updated in relation to a possible network issue we experience for ADSL services in WA.

Updates : https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=296&t=43756
AroshJ
Exetel Staff

Postby kirkc on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:46 pm

It's back on.

Obviously part of the issue with the NBN that Optus got around to acknowledging late this afternoon, which they have just advised is now rectified. No explanation though...pretty poor form by Optus.
kirkc

Postby KavindaS on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 pm

kirkc wrote:It's back on.

Obviously part of the issue with the NBN that Optus got around to acknowledging late this afternoon, which they have just advised is now rectified. No explanation though...pretty poor form by Optus.

Most of the services are currently online and our supplier is yet to provide us an update about this incident.

Exetel apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to ADSL connections