Extremely poor ADSL speed/quality

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
pv4455

Extremely poor ADSL speed/quality

Post by pv4455 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:49 am

Hello,

I have moved into a house in Pascoe Vale (Melbourne Suburb).
I only get 0.7Mbps at the most. There is a lot of noise on the telephone line.
As the crow flies , I am 3km from the DSLAM in Coburg.

So, either I allow Exetel/Optus to perform a Service check to see if the issue is at their end.
If the issue is not at their end I pay out $220 to them for the effort.

Anyone around Pacoe Vale, Coburg North, Hadfield etc that experience poor ADSL speed etc?
OR: How common are significant line issues within the ISP end?
Or perhaps re-try the whole process with Telstra backend ISP?

BTW: NBNCo says "Service Available" on the Rollout map. But I go to any ISP and nothing yet. Very poor for the NBNCo blatantly mislead (potential) customers.

Kind Regards

T.

pv4455

Re: Extremely poor ADSL speed/quality

Post by pv4455 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:43 pm

FYI: As of today I get 3.06Mbsp once another service job was completed.

I spoke to the neighbour across the road, he had issue with line-dropouts --but please note, is not an exetel/optus customer with landline.
A NBNCo contractor van was out the front and he correllated his poor telephone service with them causing issues in the pit etc.

Also, I can get 3Mbps on 3G or upto 10Mbsp on 4G via tethering. So no real incentive to be on ADSL.
I am 2.9km from the DSLAM

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Extremely poor ADSL speed/quality

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:56 pm

pv4455 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:43 pm
FYI: As of today I get 3.06Mbsp once another service job was completed.

I spoke to the neighbour across the road, he had issue with line-dropouts --but please note, is not an exetel/optus customer with landline.
A NBNCo contractor van was out the front and he correllated his poor telephone service with them causing issues in the pit etc.

Also, I can get 3Mbps on 3G or upto 10Mbsp on 4G via tethering. So no real incentive to be on ADSL.
I am 2.9km from the DSLAM
Kindly refer the email we have sent at 06 July 2018 06:20 pm through the ticket id:13205621 and reply back to the same email with your concerns.