Query re: NBN activation

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ReservedWolf

Query re: NBN activation

Post by ReservedWolf » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:17 pm

On an ADSL2+ Unlimited plan, since connection to NBN installed, speeds have been on average half of what I was getting before: reg - 9 - 10 mbps, now 3 - 5 mbps, regardless of server chosen to conduct test. There's also another issue when I switch out from a vpn to direct connection, I always, without fail, since the NBN connection - remember it's not yet active in this suburb, which is ridiculous considering I'm less than 2 kms from active NBN service areas, where speeds are, not to put too fine a point on it, spectacular - lose my connection, requiring a modem power cycle of 10 seconds, 2 -3 times which is incredibly frustrating.

Apart from the above issues, I'm wondering if Exetel knows when I'll be connected to the NBN as you're within the room so to speak, it's been 6 - 8 weeks since the installation and I've still received nothing from NBN Co. to indicate when they will.
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Query re: NBN activation

Post by KavindaS » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:08 am

ReservedWolf wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:17 pm
On an ADSL2+ Unlimited plan, since connection to NBN installed, speeds have been on average half of what I was getting before: reg - 9 - 10 mbps, now 3 - 5 mbps, regardless of server chosen to conduct test. There's also another issue when I switch out from a vpn to direct connection, I always, without fail, since the NBN connection - remember it's not yet active in this suburb, which is ridiculous considering I'm less than 2 kms from active NBN service areas, where speeds are, not to put too fine a point on it, spectacular - lose my connection, requiring a modem power cycle of 10 seconds, 2 -3 times which is incredibly frustrating.
Could you please conduct random speed tests from the Exetel server and forward us the results including your service number to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au ?
ReservedWolf wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:17 pm
Apart from the above issues, I'm wondering if Exetel knows when I'll be connected to the NBN as you're within the room so to speak, it's been 6 - 8 weeks since the installation and I've still received nothing from NBN Co. to indicate when they will.
This will be further checked with the sales team based on the location and provide you a feedback through them.

taniya
Exetel Staff

Re: Query re: NBN activation

Post by taniya » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:49 am

As per the service checks done, NBN has plans of servicing your address in the future but not at this stage.You may try contacting them directly to know the exact time frames.