New ADSL 2+ service - incredibly low speed

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
hannahF

New ADSL 2+ service - incredibly low speed

Post by hannahF » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm

Posting here as instructed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=296&t=33031

I am a new user since 16 Oct. Set up brand new model supplied by exetel. No filters, splitters or other devices. Modem directly in the wall using cable supplied.
Highest speed it has reached was 2.47 Mbps but most tests show a speed of under 0.3 Mbps and as low as 0.12.

Images won't even load when browsing on my cell phone, let alone streaming video on my laptop. Absolutely unusable.

Attempted to call a few times but heard the message that there is a Victorian outage. I now see on the forum that the outage is for fiber not ADSL 2+.

Located in Fairfield, Victoria.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: New ADSL 2+ service - incredibly low speed

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 pm

hannahF wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm
Posting here as instructed in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=296&t=33031

I am a new user since 16 Oct. Set up brand new model supplied by exetel. No filters, splitters or other devices. Modem directly in the wall using cable supplied.
Highest speed it has reached was 2.47 Mbps but most tests show a speed of under 0.3 Mbps and as low as 0.12.

Images won't even load when browsing on my cell phone, let alone streaming video on my laptop. Absolutely unusable.

Attempted to call a few times but heard the message that there is a Victorian outage. I now see on the forum that the outage is for fiber not ADSL 2+.

Located in Fairfield, Victoria.
I have performed a line test and the results are within the specifications. However, the modem is syncing around 3.9M speed and therefore port reset has been completed. Power reboot the modem and monitor the connection further. If the issue persists only, perform few speed tests via http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send the results to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au by quoting the ticket reference number 13694557.

hannahF

Post by hannahF » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi this is still not working. I have done a reboot and now I can’t load any pages, including the speed test page.
Please fix it

rehanj
Exetel Staff

Post by rehanj » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:02 pm

hannahF wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 pm
Hi this is still not working. I have done a reboot and now I can’t load any pages, including the speed test page.
Please fix it
Our apologies for the inconvenience. As discussed over your conversation with the support Team moments ago, please be kind enough to monitor the service after the remote changes made. If any issues persist, please do let us know and we will further investigate.