Slow Speeds

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Rattler

Slow Speeds

Post by Rattler » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am

Hey Support,

Sorry to bother BUT - speed is only half of what it has been previously and not that that speed was marvellous either. The displayed speed just now is not a bad one compared to previous tests.

Oddly, this drop has come exactly in line with the NBN work in the street. Thoughts please?

Looking forward to a solution as I cannot complete tasks once the afternoon comes along and speeds fall further.

Thanks,

JL
Speed.jpg
Speed.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 69 times

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Slow Speeds

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Rattler wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am
Hey Support,

Sorry to bother BUT - speed is only half of what it has been previously and not that that speed was marvellous either. The displayed speed just now is not a bad one compared to previous tests.

Oddly, this drop has come exactly in line with the NBN work in the street. Thoughts please?

Looking forward to a solution as I cannot complete tasks once the afternoon comes along and speeds fall further.

Thanks,

JL
Hi JL,

Speed test results appears to be fine, considering the modem sync rate is at 4.1M. However, i have performed a line test with your devices connected and i don't see acceptable parameters there. Therefore, we need to perform an isolated test, and therefore I have arranged one of the senior engineers to contact you.

I have performed a port reset in your line and now the sync speed has improved to 6.9M.

Further, we have a point in your statement "I cannot complete tasks once the afternoon comes along and speeds fall further " In that situation we need to check for any identified network related issues from the supplier. Your ticket reference number is 15255384.