Third outage in 6 days

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
stickytroll

Third outage in 6 days

Post by stickytroll » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:30 pm

We had fixed wireless installed two weeks ago. In the past 6 days we’ve had at least three periods of speed dropping to sub-1Mbps for up to 4 hours at a time. The current one is ongoing now.

I rely on the internet to work from home so luckily have a backup ADSL service. If it goes on like this then I’ll just switch the NBN box off and use the ADSL as before, but obviously I’d like to get the service I’m paying for.

I’ve noticed that during normal operation we get 2 amber lights for signal strength, but whenever the service is down we have 3 green lights. I don’t know if that’s significant at all.

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Third outage in 6 days

Post by nilushid » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:35 pm

stickytroll wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:30 pm
We had fixed wireless installed two weeks ago. In the past 6 days we’ve had at least three periods of speed dropping to sub-1Mbps for up to 4 hours at a time. The current one is ongoing now.

I rely on the internet to work from home so luckily have a backup ADSL service. If it goes on like this then I’ll just switch the NBN box off and use the ADSL as before, but obviously I’d like to get the service I’m paying for.

I’ve noticed that during normal operation we get 2 amber lights for signal strength, but whenever the service is down we have 3 green lights. I don’t know if that’s significant at all.
We are extreamly sorry about the inconveniences caused to you. Can you please PM us your customer ID or the service number to look in to this matter. Or you ca provide us a reference number given by exetel. So far we have following maintenance work conduct by the supplier for capacity upgrades, which can resolve speed issues. If you are near this area, please check the service after the ETR. If not please get back to us with the requested information.

viewtopic.php?f=296&t=44976

stickytroll

Post by stickytroll » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 am

Make that 4th outage in 7 days.

It’s back down to less than 1 Mbps again.

Please get this resolved or I’ll need to get the ombudsman involved. The service I’m receiving from Exetel is absolutely atrocious.

Account number 46113

stickytroll

Post by stickytroll » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Sorry, account number is 461113.

The outage is still ongoing. Please resolve this ASAP.

Daniel Simpson

Post by Daniel Simpson » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:43 pm

This must be part of the whole NBN process of increasing their capacity at large. Hopefully when the upgrades are commissioned, we will get the service that we are paying for. Meanwhile, I am incurring over capacity charges from Exetel due to my frequent and significant reliance on my "hot spot" use over my (exemail) OPTUS provided 4G phone connection.
Regards Daniel

Daniel Simpson

Post by Daniel Simpson » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Also See Re: Planned Fixed Wireless Network Outage - Coffs Harbour, and Surrounding Suburbs, NSW. Not really planned when there are no advanced notices. This "maintenance" has now been extended until 20August2019....go figure.

stickytroll

Post by stickytroll » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Yeah well I’m in regional Vic, so not really in my area.

I don’t think mine is a capacity issue, it’s not like it gets progressively slower or happens at peak times. Coasting along at 40Mbps it’ll just drop down to under 1Mbps where it stays for a few hours then jumps back up to 40Mbps.

And this is now daily, at random times, for 4 hours or so.

I’m hanging onto my ADSL as long as I can - rock solid for years albeit at 5Mbps.

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Post by IsuruB » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:26 pm

stickytroll wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:59 pm
Yeah well I’m in regional Vic, so not really in my area.

I don’t think mine is a capacity issue, it’s not like it gets progressively slower or happens at peak times. Coasting along at 40Mbps it’ll just drop down to under 1Mbps where it stays for a few hours then jumps back up to 40Mbps.

And this is now daily, at random times, for 4 hours or so.

I’m hanging onto my ADSL as long as I can - rock solid for years albeit at 5Mbps.
Thanks for your response. We have sent an email with reference 15848678. Kindly respond via the same so that we can proceed with investigations. Exetel apologizes for any inconvenience caused.

stickytroll

Post by stickytroll » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:47 am

My internet is down again.

This time the NBN box is fine but my router has a solid red “internet” light.

Tried restarting everything, no go.

Please advise ASAP.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:06 pm

stickytroll wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:47 am
My internet is down again.

This time the NBN box is fine but my router has a solid red “internet” light.

Tried restarting everything, no go.

Please advise ASAP.
Thank you for reaching out. The issue was due to an unplanned outage on supplier network.

https://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=296&t=45031