No internet for the last 10 days

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
markbarraclough

No internet for the last 10 days

Post by markbarraclough » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi there,

I've given up trying to figure out how to get back online and the problem is I'm not very tech savy so not sure what I'm supposed to be doing or looking for.

I have a D-Link AC1600 Modem Router. Less than 12 months old. Never had any issues.

Approx 10 days ago, I just stopped getting internet. I was connected to Wifi but had no internet.

I did all the usual, switching the modem on and off, and then in desperaton did a factor reset on the modem to see if that would make any difference. Since the factory reset I can't get past Step 1 of the Wizard. After going to http://192.168.1.1, and entering the admin password, it presents me with a diagram showing a red "Click to Repair" between "Internet" and "DSL-2888A". When I select "Click to Repair", it presents me with three steps: Step 1: Install your device; Step 2: Configure your Network and Wi-Fi settings; and Step 3: Set your router password.

When I press "next" it says under Install: "Please plug one end of the grey phone cable included with your device into the port labeled DSL on your device. Plug the other end of this cable into your wall mounted phone jack. If you live in AU or NZ you will need to connect he microfilter splitter that we suppled to your wall mounted phone jack first. Then connect the grey phone cable to the DSL port on the micrfilter splitter". When I selet "next" (as the modem is plugged into the wall socket) it just brings up the same message. I can't get past step 1.

I've tried playing around with the manual settings but it makes no difference.

In the settings it says:

Wan Access Type: ADSL
Interface: ATM0
VPI: 8
VCI: 35
VLAN Tagged: Disabled
Service Type: Internet_TR069
Internet connection: PPPoE
Address mode: Dynamic IP
Primary DNS: 220.233.0.4
Secondary DNS: 220.233.0.3

My connection number is 0280658228 and customer # is 357900
A fault has been logged with Exetel but I haven't heard anything in the last 24 hours....

Thanks
Mark

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: No internet for the last 10 days

Post by KavindaS » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:59 pm

markbarraclough wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:22 pm

My connection number is 0280658228 and customer # is 357900
A fault has been logged with Exetel but I haven't heard anything in the last 24 hours....

Thanks
Mark

Supplier confirms the ADSL copper line is removed since NBN is serviceable in your location. Our sales department has tried to contact you multiple times to inform this and there were no response in your phone. I will get one of their representatives to call you again to proceed further.