Slow speed after line fault.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ohnjay

Slow speed after line fault.

Post by ohnjay » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:05 am

Over the weekend I reported a landline phone outage viewtopic.php?f=289&t=45481 which was rectified on Tuesday.

During the outage I still had ADSL, although at very slow speed (0.16 mbps). Now that the line fault has been rectified, ADSL speed has improved to around 2 Mbps, however this is considerably slower than the 12-15 Mbps that I usually get.

It seems likely that this drop in speed is associated with the line fault.

ohnjay

Re: Slow speed after line fault.

Post by ohnjay » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am

Is Exetel able to do anything to return my speed to normal?

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Slow speed after line fault.

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:39 pm

ohnjay wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:05 am
Over the weekend I reported a landline phone outage viewtopic.php?f=289&t=45481 which was rectified on Tuesday.

During the outage I still had ADSL, although at very slow speed (0.16 mbps). Now that the line fault has been rectified, ADSL speed has improved to around 2 Mbps, however this is considerably slower than the 12-15 Mbps that I usually get.

It seems likely that this drop in speed is associated with the line fault.
I have checked the line stats of your service and the modem appears to be syncing around 6M. Therefore, I have performed a reset to the port at the Dslam. Please have your modem power reboot and monitor the connection further. If no improvement in your service speed, kindly have the modem connected directly to the telephone socket and perform few speed tests in random times (Peak / Off peak both) via http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send the results through an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for further investigations. Please have the ticket number 16964474 mentioned on your email.