Internet Outage Royalla, NSW

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Opus

Internet Outage Royalla, NSW

Post by Opus » Wed May 27, 2020 1:18 pm

Our ADSL service has been out since around mid-day Monday, 25th May. I rang Exetel Support and was advised that a line had been cut and that service was scheduled to be restored on Friday, 29th.

Given that thousands of people are currently working from home (including my wife) a stable internet connection is almost mandatory and I consider that a four day outage is less than acceptable.

I am also annoyed that I cannot find anything related specifically to my outage in this forum, the app or the website other than 'possibly' a forum topic 'Unplanned ADSL & PSTN Network Outage - Multiple Surburbs , NSW'. In case you were'nt aware...NSW is a bloody big place and 'Multiple Suburbs' is not in the slightest bit helpful....

If there is any outage in your service areas then you should list the actual suburbs that the outage is occurring in so that your paying customers can know with certainty that they are subject to a known outage and that it is being worked on.

I appreciate that Exetel is not responsible for an outage on the Telstra network but you need to be doing much better in informing your customers and advocating for faster fixes. Four days is not acceptable and I don't feel confident at this point that that timeframe will be met...

In case you're wondering how I've posted this...I am currently tethered to my mobile (Exetel/Optus) which is sporadic at best where I live.

Opus

Re: Internet Outage Royalla, NSW

Post by Opus » Wed May 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Additionally...I just found your 'Network Outage Map' at https://www.exetel.com.au/outage/networ ... ebsite.php

There is only one listing on it for an unplanned outage in Lismore, NSW, which is 1000km away from me.

Why is my outage in Royalla, NSW not listed on this map???

I have very little confidence at the moment that my outage is being worked on or when my service will be resumed. Meanwhile I am still paying you for a service that is not being delivered.....

Opus

Post by Opus » Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 am

I have found out that there are hundreds of people in my area affected by this ADSL outage, which is as a result of roadworkers cutting a Telstra line.

And there are conflicting reports of whether or not this will be fixed by 29th May.

Why is it that that there is no information about this outage ANYWHERE on the Exetel website or Network status page.

My personal account page with Exetel says that there are 'No Active Faults' on my service.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is anybody actually working in the Exetel Support area?

I raised a Support ticket yesterday to find out what is going on and just like the website there is not information forthcoming whatsoever.

It's bad enough that the fix is going to (hopefully) take 4 days and I don't blame Exetel for a Telstra fault but I am getting extremely frustrated witht he complete lack of support and information being provided by Exetel about this outage.

Start doing your job Exetel...I'm paying you for a service that I am not receiving, which is costing us greatly at this time. You have a duty of care to your customers that you are not fulfilling....

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Opus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 am
I have found out that there are hundreds of people in my area affected by this ADSL outage, which is as a result of roadworkers cutting a Telstra line.

And there are conflicting reports of whether or not this will be fixed by 29th May.

Why is it that that there is no information about this outage ANYWHERE on the Exetel website or Network status page.

My personal account page with Exetel says that there are 'No Active Faults' on my service.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is anybody actually working in the Exetel Support area?

I raised a Support ticket yesterday to find out what is going on and just like the website there is not information forthcoming whatsoever.

It's bad enough that the fix is going to (hopefully) take 4 days and I don't blame Exetel for a Telstra fault but I am getting extremely frustrated witht he complete lack of support and information being provided by Exetel about this outage.

Start doing your job Exetel...I'm paying you for a service that I am not receiving, which is costing us greatly at this time. You have a duty of care to your customers that you are not fulfilling....
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused on this regards. Kindly provide us with the reference number which you received, related to your query. If no such information, Please PM your customer ID or the service number to check on this further.

Opus

Post by Opus » Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 pm

RSS-63568-652

No reply to my Support ticket for two days!!!

No response to my Support email (yesterday) other than auto-generated reply.

Outage is still not listed of the Exetel Outage map!!!

My Exetel account still says there are no faults with my service!!!

My original Support call said that the fault would be fixed by 29th May today... Other Telstra customers affected by the same fault are reporting that the fault may not be fixed until 5th or 6th of June!!!!

Why is Exetel not providing any information regarding this outage???? Why are my support requests being ignored in the Support Helpdesk.

What is Exetel doing to expedite the fixing of this fault by Telstra????

Will I be compensated for the service that I am paying for but not receiving???? :evil: :evil: :evil:

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Fri May 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Opus wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 pm
RSS-63568-652

No reply to my Support ticket for two days!!!

No response to my Support email (yesterday) other than auto-generated reply.

Outage is still not listed of the Exetel Outage map!!!

My Exetel account still says there are no faults with my service!!!

My original Support call said that the fault would be fixed by 29th May today... Other Telstra customers affected by the same fault are reporting that the fault may not be fixed until 5th or 6th of June!!!!

Why is Exetel not providing any information regarding this outage???? Why are my support requests being ignored in the Support Helpdesk.

What is Exetel doing to expedite the fixing of this fault by Telstra????

Will I be compensated for the service that I am paying for but not receiving???? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Thank you for providing the details. We are currently looking into this and provide you with a response with regards to you through the same email ticket. RSS-63568-652 (#17290011).

Opus

Post by Opus » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm

14 days now without an internet connection. Not happy at all...

What is Exetel doing to have this matter escalated with Telstra???

THere are hundreds of people in my area affected by this outage and they are getting advised by their ISPs about the issue.

To date Exetel has told me nothing about the outage nor given any indication that you are working with Telstra to expedite the fix...

I understand the problem is with Telstra and not Exetel but you need to be doing more on my behalf to get this connection restored. Just waiting, hoping and asking me if the connection is working is not good enough... get on the phone to Telstra and start making demands on my behalf!

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Opus wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm
14 days now without an internet connection. Not happy at all...

What is Exetel doing to have this matter escalated with Telstra???

THere are hundreds of people in my area affected by this outage and they are getting advised by their ISPs about the issue.

To date Exetel has told me nothing about the outage nor given any indication that you are working with Telstra to expedite the fix...

I understand the problem is with Telstra and not Exetel but you need to be doing more on my behalf to get this connection restored. Just waiting, hoping and asking me if the connection is working is not good enough... get on the phone to Telstra and start making demands on my behalf!
Thanks for the detailed explanation regarding this matter. I have escalated this to the Supplier management and prioritize the issue from our end. We will follow up and get back to you asap.

Ref: #17290011

Opus

Post by Opus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:51 pm

At 2:45pm today it appears that my internet connection has been restored.

Thank you.

Rob M

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Opus wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:51 pm
At 2:45pm today it appears that my internet connection has been restored.

Thank you.

Rob M
That's great news. We will check the connection from our end as well and close the investigation accordingly. You will be notified once the investigation is closed via the same Reference number.