Regular dropouts in Canberra

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
judep
Exetel Staff
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by judep » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:04 pm

pab wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:34 am
We had a technician out who cleaned up the wiring in our house. Unfortunately the dropouts continue. Do we look at replacing our modem?
Hi,

Our supplier has advised that they have removed multiple bridge taps on your internal wiring. We are now able to see that the service is stable for 16 hours without any dropouts. We will continue to monitor this service from our end, should you experience further dropouts please let us know immediately either on this forum or by replying to the email sent to you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

pab
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by pab » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Yesterday evening we had in the order of 10 dropouts after the internal wiring was cleaned up. Did your monitoring detect this?

pab
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by pab » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:13 pm

We've just had a series of dropouts. Did you see those?

pab
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by pab » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:03 pm

We've just had a series of dropouts this evening. Did you see those?

rasikak
Exetel Staff
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 pm
Location: North Sydney

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by rasikak » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 pm

pab wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:03 pm
We've just had a series of dropouts this evening. Did you see those?
Thank you for reaching out. Please note that we can see your service is online and stable for more than 23 hours and we don't detect any dropouts as you have mentioned. However, We have arranged one of our senior engineers to contact you tomorrow within the day to discuss this further.

pab
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by pab » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:49 pm

Yesterday we had an electrician replace our old internal telephone wires but we are still experiencing dropouts.

We use a 2.4GHz WiFi network and I thought that maybe there was some inband interference. So I set up a second WiFi network on the 5GHz band last night. What I noticed was there was periods where each of the networks would go down. Connectivity would be lost and our various devices would no longer see the SSID broadcast.

As I said earlier, I think the problem is with our router.

rasikak
Exetel Staff
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 pm
Location: North Sydney

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by rasikak » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 pm

pab wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:49 pm
Yesterday we had an electrician replace our old internal telephone wires but we are still experiencing dropouts.

We use a 2.4GHz WiFi network and I thought that maybe there was some inband interference. So I set up a second WiFi network on the 5GHz band last night. What I noticed was there was periods where each of the networks would go down. Connectivity would be lost and our various devices would no longer see the SSID broadcast.

As I said earlier, I think the problem is with our router.
Thank you for reaching out. We also can see some logs our end for today and yesterday hence we have re-raised this with the wholesale supplier to further investigate as you have fixed your end with a private technician. If our wholesale supplier has advised that they don't detect any further issues on their end, then you may proceed as the next step by checking an alternative borrowed NBNco recommended VDSL compatible modem to isolate any modem issues.

Ref; Case-481386

pab
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by pab » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

Our dropouts continue.

Today we talked with one of your technicians and he installed the latest firmware on the Exetel supplied ZTE router. This did not appear to have any effect on our issue. This evening, I installed a WiFi analyzer on my phone and watched the signal strength of our WiFi networks. The signal disappeared coincident with the drop outs. As I've been saying for a few days now, the issue is with the router, the WLAN interface in particular. Can a replacement router be supplied so we can put an end to this issue that has stretched out for long enough?

nilushid
Admin
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:18 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by nilushid » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:52 am

pab wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm
Our dropouts continue.

Today we talked with one of your technicians and he installed the latest firmware on the Exetel supplied ZTE router. This did not appear to have any effect on our issue. This evening, I installed a WiFi analyzer on my phone and watched the signal strength of our WiFi networks. The signal disappeared coincident with the drop outs. As I've been saying for a few days now, the issue is with the router, the WLAN interface in particular. Can a replacement router be supplied so we can put an end to this issue that has stretched out for long enough?
Hi

We are currently looking into this modem issue and diagnosing the modem. We will get back to you very soon with an update.

Thanks

nilushid
Admin
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:18 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Regular dropouts in Canberra

Post by nilushid » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi

We tried to contact you over the phone to discuss this issue further but unfortunately could not connect. Therefore, we have sent you an email via the following the reference number. Please refer to the email and get back to us if you have any further concerns.

Case-485021

Thanks

Post Reply