Inviting Friends to Join Exetel!

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
BigDaddyCool

Inviting Friends to Join Exetel!

Post by BigDaddyCool » Sat May 10, 2008 10:52 am

Long story short, need a response from admin.

Got a mate who wants to join Exetel, he wants to join without involving the "telephone"side of it with the plan.

eg. I'm on 24gb/48gb on AnyPhoneC according to my account for $60 per month. Is there any way I can just for example send an invitation to him to sign up for the same plan? and get my reward for that (whatever exetel gives for referals).

Cheers
Jamie

DylanF
Exetel Staff

Re: Inviting Friends to Join Exetel!

Post by DylanF » Sat May 10, 2008 11:03 am

BigDaddyCool wrote:Long story short, need a response from admin.

Got a mate who wants to join Exetel, he wants to join without involving the "telephone"side of it with the plan.

eg. I'm on 24gb/48gb on AnyPhoneC according to my account for $60 per month. Is there any way I can just for example send an invitation to him to sign up for the same plan? and get my reward for that (whatever exetel gives for referals).

Cheers
Jamie
Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately the 'AnyPhone' plans are not available through Exetel at this time, even on a referral from an existing customer on that service.

Your friend will need to choose from one of our ADSL1 plans, Naked ADSL2+ or ADSL2+ inc. phone plans.

There is a high possibility that if the Inc. Phone plans are available in his area he will be able to save money by changing his phone service to Exetel (obviously depends on his line rental situation / provider).

BigDaddyCool

Post by BigDaddyCool » Wed May 14, 2008 9:57 am

We'll there you have it......... he doesn't want to change his telephone just to change his internet so he's now going with TPG.

No doubt alot of people will have this view, I know I do.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 14, 2008 11:05 am

BigDaddyCool wrote:We'll there you have it......... he doesn't want to change his telephone just to change his internet so he's now going with TPG.

No doubt alot of people will have this view, I know I do.
Doubtless you're correct.

Why you're correct is another matter.

A telephone line service is a 'dying' service in Australia and there are few, if any advantages in keeping a telephone line 'separate' to an ADSL service.

The Exetel line rental and call rates are probably lower than any other comparable service in Australia and a 'naked' ADSL service using VoIP is absolutely the lowest cost in Australia.

Maybe its just a question of 'education' for people to see the lack of necessity to have an 'independent' wire line telephone service.

Sorry you missed the referral credit though.

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Wed May 14, 2008 11:13 am

I reckon it would be a lot easier to convince people to give up their wireline telephone service if it would be possible to convert their alarm system to accept a SIM card (for a reasonable price).

ScottH2155

Post by ScottH2155 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Edwin wrote:I reckon it would be a lot easier to convince people to give up their wireline telephone service if it would be possible to convert their alarm system to accept a SIM card (for a reasonable price).
A GSM unit and a pre-paid SIM will resolve scenario nicely.

A random example - http://www.manufacturers.com.tw/showroo ... 9-3806.php

It's how people with boats and no land line connect their alarms etc.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri May 16, 2008 8:03 am

Edwin wrote:I reckon it would be a lot easier to convince people to give up their wireline telephone service if it would be possible to convert their alarm system to accept a SIM card (for a reasonable price).
That would be a good solution.

31 back to base calls a day would cost less than $6.00 compared to a line rental of at least $20.00 plusmore than $6.00 worth of calls.