powertel to NAKED DSL2

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
nutsandbolts

powertel to NAKED DSL2

Post by nutsandbolts » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Dear SIR
Please be advised that the information you provided in regards to your physical address according to our supplier does not match what our supplier's have on record.
Please verify with your local line rental provider of the PHYSICAL location of the telephone line(as this can sometimes differ from the actual local of the property).
Exetel Pty Ltd

how does one get DSL2 with his current address which is what comes up in the member area
but is rejected once he tries to go from powertel ANYPHONE to telstra's NAKED DSL
from provisioning ? address on my phone bill is the same as in member area

richardk

Re: powertel to NAKED DSL2

Post by richardk » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Good Afternoon,

You are unable to convert from a anyphone plan to Naked DSL.
It is a requirement that the Anyphone plan service gets disconnected first before applying for our Naked ADSL 2+ service.

Once the Anyphone plan service has been disconnected you can then put your application in for Naked ADSL 2+.

Thank You

nutsandbolts

Post by nutsandbolts » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:28 pm

i was told by sales that would be automatic if a apply for NONPHONE via member area and wouldnt loose my account
cant see why this cant be done automatically because how am i suppose to reapply for NONPHONE without internet access ?

: also if i terminate the service this will happen
On the date you nominated, all of your Exetel emails and web space will be cancelled too.
You still have an option to keep your Exetel emails and FTP services.

richardk

Post by richardk » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Hello,

I definitely know that you have to disconnect the Anyhpone service first.
The reason for this is ADSL 2+ is considered to be a complex service that must be removed first before apply for Naked ADSL 2+.
It will take 14 workings days before the Internet is connected to a Naked ADSL 2+ service.

I'm very sorry that you were told incorrect information.

Thank You

nutsandbolts

Post by nutsandbolts » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:04 am

yes but if i disconnect my anyphone service i loose my email and account ?

shouldnt this work under member area
ADSL -> CHANGE SERVICE = cancel primary service and connected to the new service ?

richardk

Post by richardk » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Hello,

For your last questions I would suggest that you email billing@exetel.com.au for further information.

Thank You

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:30 am

Hmm, this is interesting. I too am moving from Powertel to a Naked connection. I asked questions about changing in this thread: http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27585

No one mentioned that I would need to disconnect the Powertel service myself, so I have assumed (maybe incorrectly?) that Exetel would do that. Anyway, I put in my application yesterday - so I shall wait and see what happens.

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 am

I've just checked my 'Change Service Status' and I have a cutover date of 21-7-2008. Excellent! Hopefully all goes well.

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Alright. I just got a rejection email. It states:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason for putting your application for rejection is: Please be advised your application has been rejected for complex services. Please check the following before resubmitting;

Firstly, check to see whether you are connected to standard Telstra equipment or your current line rental provider\'s equipment for both telephone and DSL if you have it, also check to see if the line is a residential grade line.

You must be on standard Telstra equipment for the order to proceed,if you aren\'t, then you must move to telstra equipment. Ask your line rental provider for more information.If your DSL is on non-telstra equipment then it must be removed.

Secondly, if you are connected to Telstra equipment that you have removed any telephony complex services such as fax duet, secondary number
or rotary function off the line as this will be rejected by our suppliers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated earlier by Richard, I take it I need to manually cancel my Powertel connection in Members Facilities, before applying for a new Naked connection?
Can I set the cancellation date for tomorrow?
Will I get a refund for the unused portion of the month as I am changing plans?
Will the "no new contract period" definitely be applied to the new nonphone plan as I will need to submit a new application instead of a plan change?
And how will I know when I can apply for the nonphone plan again? Is it when I lose sync, or when the cancellation date is reached, or maybe even before that?

Can someone from Exetel please provide advice on what to do? Thank you.

EDIT: Also, why am I able to select to change plans to a nonphone plan in "Change My Service" when it doesn't work anyway?? Maybe this should be removed to prevent future confusion by other customers.

Tim K

Post by Tim K » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 pm

The current ADSL2 service would probably be the 'complex service' that is being described, so in this case you would need to cancel the PowerTel service before putting the Naked ADSL service on.

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:51 am

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. So it looks like I definitely need to do this manually. Are you also able to help me out with answers to any of my other questions?
Thank you.
Triggery wrote:Can I set the cancellation date for tomorrow? Or how soon?
Will I get a refund for the unused portion of the month as I am changing plans?
Will the "no new contract period" definitely be applied to the new nonphone plan as I will need to submit a new application instead of a plan change?
And how will I know when I can apply for the nonphone plan again? Is it when I lose sync, or when the cancellation date is reached, or maybe even before that?

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Just in case anyone else is interested in moving from a Powertel plan to an Optus based plan, I'll continue to document my experiences here.

I've spoken to someone at provisioning who advised that once I cancel my anyphone plan that it'll take 5-7 days to remove the codes. He advised to ring back and check whether the codes are actually removed and I am then free to apply for a new nonphone plan. So I have now submitted a Cancel My Service for Sunday 13th - so hopefully I'll be code free by the end of next week. I understand I'll lose email and webspace, but that doesn't really concern me.

I've also put in a request with billing to find out about getting a refund for the unused portion of this month, similar to what an ADSL1 customer would receive when they move to ADSL2+.

However, I'm still not sure how the 'no new contract period' will apply to the new plan?

Can I also make a suggestion to Exetel, that the Change My Service options in the User Facilities for those customers on Powertel plans is changed to remove the option to select Optus based plans. This would prevent customers trying to apply for an Optus plan when it is never going to work anyway and the application will just get rejected.

I'd actually be interested to know how many customers have changed from a Powertel plan to an Optus plan, I get a feeling it is probably fairly uncommon....

Thanks. :)

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Triggery wrote:Just in case anyone else is interested in moving from a Powertel plan to an Optus based plan, I'll continue to document my experiences here.

I've spoken to someone at provisioning who advised that once I cancel my anyphone plan that it'll take 5-7 days to remove the codes. He advised to ring back and check whether the codes are actually removed and I am then free to apply for a new nonphone plan. So I have now submitted a Cancel My Service for Sunday 13th - so hopefully I'll be code free by the end of next week. I understand I'll lose email and webspace, but that doesn't really concern me.

I've also put in a request with billing to find out about getting a refund for the unused portion of this month, similar to what an ADSL1 customer would receive when they move to ADSL2+.

However, I'm still not sure how the 'no new contract period' will apply to the new plan?

Can I also make a suggestion to Exetel, that the Change My Service options in the User Facilities for those customers on Powertel plans is changed to remove the option to select Optus based plans. This would prevent customers trying to apply for an Optus plan when it is never going to work anyway and the application will just get rejected.

I'd actually be interested to know how many customers have changed from a Powertel plan to an Optus plan, I get a feeling it is probably fairly uncommon....

Thanks. :)

You won't be able to get a no new contract - we enter into a new contract when you sign up for an Optus service.

Triggery

Post by Triggery » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Thanks James. A number of Exetel staff have mentioned the 'no contract' in various threads, but I had a feeling this would be the case.

I can live with a new contact, I'm not looking at moving any time soon anyway. :)

nutsandbolts

Post by nutsandbolts » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:40 pm

ok, cancelled the powertel service and applied for nonphone service and have to wait about 12 days from now

atm im on dailup via telstra bigpond so my questions are...
does my phone get cut off at the same time im transferred over to naked dsl or days before ?
also can i use dialup once im on naked dsl ?