No Internet

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
babyboy

No Internet

Post by babyboy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Curretly I have no internet at all. Can I get an Admin to reply please so I can PM someone my service number to check it out for me. Thanks

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: No Internet

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:44 pm

You may wish to log a fault directly via (02) 9927 1000 or 1300 788 141, Option 1

Mystic Chaos

Post by Mystic Chaos » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:30 am

I have just had this issue today too on two different XP machines - both using Exetel - one on ADSL1 & the other on ADSL2+.

I have remedied both machines by uninstalling the latest Microsoft hotfix - MS06-041, which funny enough, is there to fix a flaw in the DNS resolution.

Another member of my family is on Optus cable and having this hotfix installed does not affect his internet connectivity; so I assume that there is something "special" in the way Exetel have their DNS setup.

HTH

Flame

Post by Flame » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:43 am

Mystic Chaos wrote:I have remedied both machines by uninstalling the latest Microsoft hotfix - MS06-041, which funny enough, is there to fix a flaw in the DNS resolution.
Argh really? I had patched my WinXP recently and last night my internet was not working. I didn't look into the problem too far so it definately could have been due to DNS failure. Thanks for the info.

Tim K

Post by Tim K » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:08 am

Are you guys using ZoneAlarm at all?

Flame

Post by Flame » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:34 am

Yes I use the free ZoneAlarm

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Flame wrote:Yes I use the free ZoneAlarm
Perhaps http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=288&t=27912 would be of interest to you then.

Also, just a reminded that the original poster's issue may or may not be related to Windows updates. This is just to ensure it doesn't go unnoticed, so babyboy, perhaps you can reply to confirm whether your issue corresponded to a Windows update.

babyboy

Post by babyboy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:36 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Flame wrote:Yes I use the free ZoneAlarm
Perhaps http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=288&t=27912 would be of interest to you then.

Also, just a reminded that the original poster's issue may or may not be related to Windows updates. This is just to ensure it doesn't go unnoticed, so babyboy, perhaps you can reply to confirm whether your issue corresponded to a Windows update.
Sorry for the late reply, I have to travel a bit for internet access.

My issue is not related to Window's update. I've got 4 machines at home, 2 running XP, 1 running Vista and 1 running Mac OSX. All machine have no internet access.

There is no ADSL light on my modem. I've done an isolation test, restarted the modem via the GUI a few times and also done a physical reset (reset button).

I logged a fault via phone today at approx 2pm. Fault id is #AF031493 if thats helps