Optimize connection for the Playstation Network

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
WilliamC

Re: Optimize connection for the Playstation Network

Post by WilliamC » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:16 pm

popeye0912 wrote:I have also been timing out trying to connect to Playstations network, has been occurring in off peak sporadically for a few months for me
Hello Popeye0912,

I have sent you a PM can you please reply to that so i can see what i can do for you.

Regards

William C.

howardelton

Post by howardelton » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:16 pm

I have been getting the same problem for months and it has only happened since I went onto ADSL2+ with Exetel. I was with Aanet before on ADSL1 and there was no problem. The network setup up is stock standard and my XP PC works fine. I have turned off UPNP and manually forwarded the ports required by the PS3. I have even tried changing the MTU setting, and turning off my PC but no luck. The PS3 constantly drops out (PSN network, not internet) making it impossible to use PS3 gaming for very long.

What is this "tweak" mentioned earlier and why is it even required? why doesn't it just work? I am getting no packet loss on my line according to a and extended period of pinging but the PS3 is still having problems connecting to PSN.

I am ready to start looking for other providers if this doesn't get fixed because its just not good enough. I have reported it before and the best I got was a DSL port reset which is only useful against lossy connections.

Anyone able to help please?

otori

Post by otori » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:28 pm

I was totally in your situation Howard, in fact i was 1 day away from cancelling Exetel, but they managed to fix mine on a SUNDAY which was pretty good. and now my PSN connection is better than ever. I havent dropped once out in 2 days. i don't know what they did to fix it though.

holdenjade81

Post by holdenjade81 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:33 pm

What is this "tweak" mentioned earlier and why is it even required? why doesn't it just work? I am getting no packet loss on my line according to a and extended period of pinging but the PS3 is still having problems connecting to PSN.
WilliamC,
i ask this question too, why is it this tweak needs to be done, i have had a ps3 for quiet some time now and in ther last week or so i ahve dropped out that many times it not funny, can you please make the changes need for me please, i either get a timeout error or i will not connect at all, sometimes i might be able to connect and then it will last maybe about 5 min if that

WilliamC

Post by WilliamC » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:46 pm

holdenjade81 wrote:
WilliamC,
i ask this question too, why is it this tweak needs to be done, i have had a ps3 for quiet some time now and in ther last week or so i ahve dropped out that many times it not funny, can you please make the changes need for me please, i either get a timeout error or i will not connect at all, sometimes i might be able to connect and then it will last maybe about 5 min if that
Please PM me your phone number so i can look into this.

WilliamC

Post by WilliamC » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:47 pm

howardelton wrote:I have been getting the same problem for months and it has only happened since I went onto ADSL2+ with Exetel. I was with Aanet before on ADSL1 and there was no problem. The network setup up is stock standard and my XP PC works fine. I have turned off UPNP and manually forwarded the ports required by the PS3. I have even tried changing the MTU setting, and turning off my PC but no luck. The PS3 constantly drops out (PSN network, not internet) making it impossible to use PS3 gaming for very long.

I am ready to start looking for other providers if this doesn't get fixed because its just not good enough. I have reported it before and the best I got was a DSL port reset which is only useful against lossy connections.

Anyone able to help please?
Dear howardelton,

Please PM me your phone numbers so that i have investigate this issue further.

Regards

William C

adsa75

Post by adsa75 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:03 pm

William C.

I've got the same issue as all on this thread, my PSN drops constantly. I've done all the troubleshooting that Otori stated (DMZ, blah blah)

This started about 1.5 weeks ago and now is so annoying I can only sign in for a minute or 2 before being dropped.

My general internet access is fine and I can surf away merrily on the web, both on and off the PS3.

Please do whatever you have too, and tweak my account. I'm PM'ing you my info.

I guess the question still stands though "What changed over there at Exetel?", what broke our PSN ?

Cheers.

meathax

Post by meathax » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Same prob here ive sent you a PM with my telephone number WilliamC thankyou

bjc

Post by bjc » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:37 pm

PM sent to you also WilliamC

Haastert

Post by Haastert » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 pm

I am recieving the same problem on my PS3 when i attempt to connect to the PSN either a timeout or short connection time, i will PM my number as others have
Forward thankyou :D

WilliamC

Post by WilliamC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:13 am

Hello,

Keeping this short i have made the necessary changes to those who have sent me pm's, if i've missed anyone please send me a PM and i will address this issue for you. As the current time i will need to correct the issue one by one as it is not know what the general cause of this issue is.

If there is anyone further that is having issues with the Play Station Network dropping out and not connecting again please send me a PM and i will have it looked at.

Regards

William C

adsa75

Post by adsa75 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:43 am

WilliamC wrote:Hello,

Keeping this short i have made the necessary changes to those who have sent me pm's, if i've missed anyone please send me a PM and i will address this issue for you. As the current time i will need to correct the issue one by one as it is not know what the general cause of this issue is.

If there is anyone further that is having issues with the Play Station Network dropping out and not connecting again please send me a PM and i will have it looked at.

Regards

William C

Thanks for changing my settings, I'll check today after work to see if it has fixed my drop outs from the PSN.

BTW. What mods are you making to users accounts to "fix" the issues? Will it have any adverse affect on other areas of my internet use?

Again, thanks heaps for chasing all of this up for us.

[XRSIST]

Post by [XRSIST] » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:42 pm

I've been having the same problems but didn't know where to get results. I've PM'd you WilliamC my details for you to investigate. Thank you.

MrWalker

Post by MrWalker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi William - same problem here, PM sent.

THX. :mrgreen:

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Same problem here too, I have sent William a PM with my number.

I have tried changing everything, MTU, DMZ, Port Forward, Wired/Wireless, new router, new firmwares, etc. Glad I found this thread as I was stumped as to what else to try. Hopfully I will be sorted to by Extel.

:)

Cheers.