www.myp2p.eu blocked

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Ilia

www.myp2p.eu blocked

Post by Ilia » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Unable to connect to www.myp2p.eu site which shows links to internet tv stations. Other people not with exetel can load this site! Tried using different DNS server, different browser etc. It must be exetel! What is going on?!? Can other exetel users connect to this site?

pabeshky

Re: www.myp2p.eu blocked

Post by pabeshky » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah me too mate, what's doing with exetel. Other providers are allowing this site

supernicko

Post by supernicko » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:27 pm

What's the actual response you get when you visit the site (ie what error do you get)? It might help to determine if there is a particular problem with your settings, if it is at the site's end or if it is with exetel.

Ilia

Post by Ilia » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:34 pm

As I said I am unable to connect: ie. it says connecting for a while and then:

An error occurred while loading http://www.myp2p.eu:
Timeout on server
Connection was to www.myp2p.eu at port 80

Also as I have already said, it is definitely at exetel's end since my friend (who is with iinet) can surf that site at this very moment.

Ilia

Post by Ilia » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Also when pinging this site:

~$ ping www.myp2p.eu
PING myp2p.eu (77.247.179.66) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- myp2p.eu ping statistics ---
17 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 16016ms

Everything else on the internet works fine.

Dabront

Post by Dabront » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:22 pm

It could be a DNS or routing issue, I just tried it with a proxy and it loaded. Try using something like;

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

pabeshky

Post by pabeshky » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Good one mate, Cheers for help

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 pm

I could not reach www.myp2p.eu either, until I used Vtunnel. Not that the site is personally of interest to me but interesting it will not load through Exetel.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Ilia

Post by Ilia » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks a lot!. Btw I doubt it is DNS since I tried OpenDNS instead of exetel's DNS and it still doesn't work.

James D

Post by James D » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:42 pm

I am able to access it through an exetel connection, but I have asked the network team to look into it.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:53 pm

austdata

Post by austdata » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:00 pm

The IP for exetel.com.au, 220.233.0.60, is currently listed on Backscatter.org (not the worlds most reputable DNSBL by any means). There was no mention of Exetel in any of the other 103 of 106 lists I tested 220.233.0.60 against (including any from spamhaus or how ever the scum spell it).

Any half wit, brain dead sysadmin should know not to use just one list for anything except a slight increase in the spam rating (for stuff like spamassassin). Definitely not to block a whole IP range.. Argh, the world is filed with idiots! (It is a bit odd though, it's usually spamhaus that does this sort of thing - blocking a whole range from two or three complaints - which may not even have any substance).

The reason we should never rely on just one source is because it's far to easy to fake a spam report or 10 and then the target site is blacklisted!

Have a look here and everyone request Exetel be unlisted!! :mrgreen: No, don't do that. That would be spamming. :roll: Pity though.

I'll send of a request as soon as I've hit "Submit" here.

Cheers,

Mike
The views I present here are not necessarily those from my brain.
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

austdata

Post by austdata » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Way to make money!!!
This IP is temporary listed. It will be removed automatically and free of charge if you are not abusing the net for 4 weeks.
Express delisting is available optionally by paying 50 Euro's using the following services.
Before requesting expressdelisting make sure the problem is fixed, otherwise you are at risk to get listed again.
Now there's a real money spinner. "Hmm, I need €5,000. So I'll spam list 200 sites and maybe half will pay up."

I think I'll start complaining about the spam I'm getting from 217.23.49.208 for €50 payments.

edit: Have a look at the bastards "Contact Us" page. Told you they were scum!

Cheers,

Mike
Exetel's support number outside Sydney: 1300 788 141 NOTE: I do not work for Exetel.

thewiz

Post by thewiz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Ilia wrote:Unable to connect to http://www.myp2p.eu site which shows links to internet tv stations. Other people not with exetel can load this site! Tried using different DNS server, different browser etc. It must be exetel! What is going on?!? Can other exetel users connect to this site?
What state are you from?

Me and my mate, both in WA are unable to load a number of pages atm and it has been like that for a couple of days.

Try www.whirlpool.net.au and see if that loads.

Obviously there is an issue with users on the WA exchange, that is taking a while to fix.

austdata

Post by austdata » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:00 pm

thewiz wrote:What state are you from?

Me and my mate, both in WA are unable to load a number of pages atm and it has been like that for a couple of days.

Try http://www.whirlpool.net.au and see if that loads.

Obviously there is an issue with users on the WA exchange, that is taking a while to fix.
I'm in Vic and have no problem accessing Whirlpool. I would think that this is a separate problem. The one described here sounded like a local DNS problem but when a few more people posted I thought I'd have a bit of a look. It does seem to be a DNS problem but with a Block Lister not Exetel or Exetel customers.

You may need to flush your cache and do a reset, etc.

I'd like to see if James D could recreate the problem (James D are you in a different IP Class? Are you using http://exetel.com.lk/ per chance? Same class, pitty - 220.233.0.9).

Cheers,

Mike