Moving process..

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
meathax

Moving process..

Post by meathax » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm

So i have exetel adsl 1500/256 and i want to get naked adsl2 with VOIP at my new address that ill be moving into on 22/8, so do i have to wait till then to apply?

it says "You MUST have your phone line connected at your new location before you can fill out this application." but its naked so how would i go about connecting it without actually signing up to telstra etc for a normal phone line rental?

a bit confused at the process, cause i would like it to be setup on the 22/8 or about then if possible :)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Moving process..

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:30 am

meathax wrote:it says "You MUST have your phone line connected at your new location before you can fill out this application." but its naked so how would i go about connecting it without actually signing up to telstra etc for a normal phone line rental?
Unfortunately, even for Exetel's Naked ADSL2+ you first need to have a dialtone. This is because Exetel can only activate ADSL2+ on working phone lines, so the (slightly convoluted) process is to get Telstra to activate the line, then apply for Naked ADSL2+ after which the dial tone will be removed as part of the activation process.

thomas261989

Post by thomas261989 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:55 pm

If I activate my phone line with Telstra, which would cost me $59, and get Naked ADSL2+ service,do I still have to pay the monthly fee to Telstra? If yes, how much would it be? I intend to apply for the HomeLine Complete plan, $26.95/month, if my phone line only transmits ADSL signal, do I have to pay that much every month?

roby

Post by roby » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:50 pm

I have just gone to naked adsl, go on the cheapest telstra plan $19.00 I think a month. At worse you would only have to pay for one month with telstra and when you get naked adsl you won't have to pay telstra any more

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:08 pm

thomas261989 wrote:If I activate my phone line with Telstra, which would cost me $59, and get Naked ADSL2+ service,do I still have to pay the monthly fee to Telstra? If yes, how much would it be? I intend to apply for the HomeLine Complete plan, $26.95/month, if my phone line only transmits ADSL signal, do I have to pay that much every month?
The normal process is to pay $59 to Telstra to activate your line and receive a dialtone / service number. Choose the Homeline Budget plan to minimise the interim costs and Telstra will also debit $19 for the monthly line rental in advance. Then you can apply for Naked ADSL2+ and as part of the process, the dial tone is automatically removed. Once this has occurred you will no longer pay Telstra any line rental and in the following month they will, in fact, refund you for the unused portion of the month's line rental.

Convoluted, I know, but you can think of the $59 + $10-15 (after refund) as an "activation cost" in place of the nil activation that Exetel are currently offering.

meathax

Post by meathax » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 am

ok ive got the line activated with telstra, now when i click apply on the adsl2 naked plan i want ($60 one) it just comes up with "Your Account status is inactive. You cannot view your details any more." ??? but when i click the adsl2 plan with a telephone line all my details come up fine, so how do i apply for adsl2 naked??

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm not completely familiar with the process for relocating from IncPhone to Naked. You can email residentialsales@exetel.com.au for direct assistance if you like.

Are you trying to relocate via the ADSL>Move ADSL to a New Address? Perhaps this option is intended only for relocating services and not relocating and switching services simultaneously. An alternative process which is likely to be simpler is to apply at the new location as a new Naked ADSL2+ customer, retaining your current IncPhone place while you wait so as not to incur any downtime. Then when the transfer is complete, you can email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to migrate your email accounts from one service to the other and then cancel the existing service at will. But I would encourage you to contact residentialsales@exetel.com.au to see if there is a more streamlined process available for you.

meathax

Post by meathax » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:52 pm

So ive had to do it that way and apply for a new connection altogether because it wont work in the user facility's, so will you waive the $40 connection fee that i wouldn't be paying if the user facility's worked?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:39 pm

I suggest you email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to have that question answered

roby

Post by roby » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:27 pm

there is nothing wrong with the user facility read exetels pages and you will see how it is done.
when I went to naked adsl I had adsl 1 before and just did it as a new connection on another number (just as if it was a new address) no problem what so ever.
Not that much money I am not complainig about costs, exetel are very good with the prices.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:04 pm

roby wrote:there is nothing wrong with the user facility read exetels pages and you will see how it is done.
ADSL1 -> Naked is slightly different, as it necessarily involves a new connection: Exetel ADSL1 is Telstra supplied and Naked ADSL2+ is Optus supplied, therefore the cost and process of ADSL1 -> Naked ADSL2+ whether by relocation or explicit cancellation + new connection, is exactly equivalent.

I think meathax is querying the comparison of such costs for Incphone -> Naked though. Because IncPhone -> IncPhone at a new location, as well as IncPhone -> Naked at the same location can each be achieved with nil activation costs, therefore Incphone -> Naked at a new location should also be equivalent (but new connections currently attracts a $40 activation fee). It is possible that the $40 may be waived in these circumstances but it would need to be confirmed directly by Exetel.

roby

Post by roby » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:50 pm

fair enough my apologies sorry meathax if this is the case and best of luck . I hope all goes well

thomas261989

Post by thomas261989 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
thomas261989 wrote:If I activate my phone line with Telstra, which would cost me $59, and get Naked ADSL2+ service,do I still have to pay the monthly fee to Telstra? If yes, how much would it be? I intend to apply for the HomeLine Complete plan, $26.95/month, if my phone line only transmits ADSL signal, do I have to pay that much every month?
The normal process is to pay $59 to Telstra to activate your line and receive a dialtone / service number. Choose the Homeline Budget plan to minimise the interim costs and Telstra will also debit $19 for the monthly line rental in advance. Then you can apply for Naked ADSL2+ and as part of the process, the dial tone is automatically removed. Once this has occurred you will no longer pay Telstra any line rental and in the following month they will, in fact, refund you for the unused portion of the month's line rental.

Convoluted, I know, but you can think of the $59 + $10-15 (after refund) as an "activation cost" in place of the nil activation that Exetel are currently offering.
Just have Telstra activate my phone line assign me new phone number. I haven't received any bill from them yet, so can I apply for Naked ADSL 2 now? Or should I wait for the bill to come and pay everything before setting up my Naked ADSL2 with Exetel?
About the activation fee, the pricing page (http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2.php) says I need to pay 40 bucks for line activation charge but I believe that I don't have to pay anything for setting up ADSL2 service. So do I have to pay?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:43 am

thomas261989 wrote:I haven't received any bill from them yet, so can I apply for Naked ADSL 2 now? Or should I wait for the bill to come and pay everything before setting up my Naked ADSL2 with Exetel?
You can apply now, you do not need to wait for a bill. But you should allow a day or slightly more between the time you receive a dial tone and the time you apply for ADSL2. This just allows Telstra to update their database with the proper details so that your application doesn't get unnecessarily rejected.
thomas261989 wrote:About the activation fee, the pricing page (http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2.php) says I need to pay 40 bucks for line activation charge but I believe that I don't have to pay anything for setting up ADSL2 service. So do I have to pay?
The activation fee only recently (this month) increased to $40. This activation fee applies to all new customers, so yes, it does apply in your case.

thomas261989

Post by thomas261989 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:42 am

I'm not a new customer. I do have ADSL1 connection at another place with Exetel. So do I have pay? I'm still a student so 40 bucks is a lot of money for me!