How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Post Reply
sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by sharaz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:14 am

Hi Admin/Support,

I m just wondering how can I get maximum speed for the Naked ADSL2?

Is there any chance ..could you please increase bandwidth in your router for my ADSL service?

Cheers,

User avatar
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by jokiin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:46 am

sharaz wrote:Hi Admin/Support,

I m just wondering how can I get maximum speed for the Naked ADSL2?

Is there any chance ..could you please increase bandwidth in your router for my ADSL service?

Cheers,
what speed are you getting now and what are the connection stats reported by your modem, sync, attenuation etc?

sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by sharaz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:25 pm

jok11n wrote:
sharaz wrote:Hi Admin/Support,

I m just wondering how can I get maximum speed for the Naked ADSL2?

Is there any chance ..could you please increase bandwidth in your router for my ADSL service?

Cheers,
what speed are you getting now and what are the connection stats reported by your modem, sync, attenuation etc?
I will check it and get back to you with the information.

By the way, May I know what is maximum speed for Naked ADSL2?

cheers mate..

peterh_oz
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by peterh_oz » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:18 am

Around 24000 down 1000 up - if you're beside the phone exchange, with a brand new piece of unsplit copper.

User avatar
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:21 am

peterh_oz wrote:Around 24000 down 1000 up - if you're beside the phone exchange, with a brand new piece of unsplit copper.
24Mbps is a theoretical upper limit for ADSL2+ (Naked or otherwise). Practical upper limits are more like 18-19Mbps down, 800-900KB up if you live next to the phone exchange.

Average ADSL2+ speed lies somewhere between 8-10Mbps, but just like normal ADSL2+, naked ADSL2+ is dependent on distance from the exchange. You can use http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/detail ... ystart.php for a rough estimate (usually this site gives over estimates because they assume perfect quality cable when real life cable conditions can impair speeds).

sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by sharaz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:34 pm

my speed only 4-5Mbps.It is consider slow cause minimum for ADSL2 is 8-10Mbps..

I live quite near to exchange (Bulwer WA).Is there by any chance Exetel need to setting up in the router(increase bandwidth) in data centre here?

cheers,

User avatar
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 6003
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm


User avatar
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:26 pm

sharaz wrote:my speed only 4-5Mbps.It is consider slow cause minimum for ADSL2 is 8-10Mbps..
Minimum for ADSL2+ is 1.5Mbps. Average for ADSL2+ is about 8Mbps but that is no guarantee and 4-5Mbps is considered to be adequate by telecommunications standards.
sharaz wrote:Is there by any chance Exetel need to setting up in the router(increase bandwidth) in data centre here?
What? If you are asking whether Exetel need to do some configuration to your exchange to boost the speeds, the answer is no. With a sync speed of 4-5Mbps there is no recourse for a slow speed fault, therefore Exetel cannot escalate it with the Carrier.

sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: How to maximize speed on Naked ADSL2?

Post by sharaz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 pm

corey,

thanks for your help.

cheers mate.

Post Reply