Telstra still charging me after going NAKED

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
AhrimaaN

Telstra still charging me after going NAKED

Post by AhrimaaN » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:45 pm

What should I do?

I've finally wisened up and realised why I didn't get my refund in the new place when I got Naked adsl like I did the first time I moved to exetel... They're still charging me...

Luckily it's only been two months (And the initial month which I got 90% back last time I did this with exetel).

What should I do? I'm worried if I ring up Telstra they will royally screw something up and kill my connection to Exetel, and I'm sure exetel can't disconnect it either. Also I need to prove a date that the Telstra was disconnected so I get a refund.

Maybe this is Exetel's fault for not disconnecting the Telstra properly actually?

Any advice for what I should do?

:evil:

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Telstra still charging me after going NAKED

Post by James » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:47 pm

AhrimaaN wrote:What should I do?

I've finally wisened up and realised why I didn't get my refund in the new place when I got Naked adsl like I did the first time I moved to exetel... They're still charging me...

Luckily it's only been two months (And the initial month which I got 90% back last time I did this with exetel).

What should I do? I'm worried if I ring up Telstra they will royally screw something up and kill my connection to Exetel, and I'm sure exetel can't disconnect it either. Also I need to prove a date that the Telstra was disconnected so I get a refund.

Maybe this is Exetel's fault for not disconnecting the Telstra properly actually?

Any advice for what I should do?

:evil:
Call Telstra and cancel your account, we are not responsible for closing your account with Telstra/

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:50 pm

James wrote:
Call Telstra and cancel your account, we are not responsible for closing your account with Telstra/
To add to James comment, if the task of contacting Telstra to cancel a service they physically unplugged themselves proves difficult, you may wish to ask them to confirm which services they are in fact providing that you are being charged for (after the line is cutover, they cease supplying you any service).

The billing should stop the date of cutover from my personal experience, and a refund issued for the time paid in advance.

AhrimaaN

Post by AhrimaaN » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Yep last time I joined up a fresh contract with Exetel Telstra refunded me automatically from the provisison activation date... I wonder why it hasn't happened this time.

Spose I'll ring them up tomorrow.

Hopefully they won't cause a stink being on homeline budget etc.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:14 pm

But you are are not on Home Line Budget now, and only were before you had internet. Telstra techs cut you off from their equipment completely when they gave you to Exetel. No sharing whatever.

samarium

Post by samarium » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:01 pm

On the subject of telstra billing, but slightly off topic.

I have a telstra account with zero products on it but with $1.63 credit that they have been sending me "Do Not Pay, you are in credit" notices for about 3 years.

I figure that if they could not follow my instructions from years ago to move the services and the credit from this account to another account, but they could only do half the job, then I'll take my amusement where I can get it, for the $1.63 they are withholding from me, plus I could not be bothered paying telstra with my call and my time for them to fix their error.

flak

Post by flak » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:39 am

samarium wrote:On the subject of telstra billing, but slightly off topic.

I have a telstra account with zero products on it but with $1.63 credit that they have been sending me "Do Not Pay, you are in credit" notices for about 3 years.

I figure that if they could not follow my instructions from years ago to move the services and the credit from this account to another account, but they could only do half the job, then I'll take my amusement where I can get it, for the $1.63 they are withholding from me, plus I could not be bothered paying telstra with my call and my time for them to fix their error.
Just sign up for online billing with them and put a rule in your inbox to send their emails to junk. This way you save a few trees with little effort.

smaca

Post by smaca » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:06 pm

After switching to Naked ADSL2+ and letting Telstra's billing process catch up with the changes, my December bill came to a total of $4.63. Telstra then told me that I did not have to pay it that month. I wonder how long they will let this go on for... :D

Smaca

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:02 pm

My $9.65 credit notices have been coming regularly since I switched to an IncPhone plan a year ago - I can't be bothered chasing it up.

ymo

Post by ymo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:18 am

Klaas wrote: My $9.65 credit notices have been coming regularly since I switched to an IncPhone plan a year ago - I can't be bothered chasing it up.
Either Telstra have changed their procedures or $10 is the limit because when I got Extel Optus ADSL2+ in late 2006, I received a cheque for $10.24 from Telstra sometime after the cut-over was completed.

AhrimaaN

Post by AhrimaaN » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:07 pm

OK well Telstra are giving me the total run around on this, effectively shifting the blame to Exetel. They are insisting a wholesale disconnection request has been done or something like that but the proper procedure to cancel my home phone rental has not, and thus they are still charging me and I need to approach Exetel. I basically said that is crap isn't it your technicians that are responsible for hooking me up to the network, and I have no dial tone, so what the hell am I paying for? I've also clearly said that I have done this before with the same company (Exetel) With telstra properly refunding me without an issue. This prompted the guy to put me on hold and he is currently trying to override something to see if it works. He did admit there is some sort of wholesale disconnect request (well duhh... a Telstra techy had to hook me up to Exetel somehow).

Fuck I hate Telstra, I wish you could do away with them altogether. I've been on the phone for 40 mins so far.

AhrimaaN

Post by AhrimaaN » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Looks like I'm getting results,

He's going back in the system (from exiting?) to see whether it has worked and mentioned getting my balance sorted out. Hmmmm

I wonder whether this is a lazy techy problem or something with the initial line crossover?

AhrimaaN

Post by AhrimaaN » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Off the phone, said he is fixing up that bill... I don't know whether that means just the last bill or a full pro-rata refund. Will have to see what I get in the mail in a few days.

Fingers crossed all is fixed up asap.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:06 pm

It is a common occurrence for Telstra. Technically, just the automated cutover by Exetel is not sufficient to warrant the closure and refund of your account. Their terms and conditions state that you need to ring and inform them of the disconnection.

Several customers have stated on these forums that Telstra continued to charge them, simply because they assumed the cut-over handled everything and didn't contact Telstra afterwards. In each of these cases, they rang Telstra, who eventually backdated the charges to the date when the cut-over occurred.