What constitutes a "A WORKING TELEPHONE SERVICE"

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
EVOMAN

What constitutes a "A WORKING TELEPHONE SERVICE"

Post by EVOMAN » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:23 pm

I was contracted with Exetel on the INC2DSLA service until a few months ago when I cancelled the contract because I thought I would be moving out of the house soon(rental property). It turns out that I am staying for another 12 months and I am now looking at signing up with Exetel again as I found your service and value to be fantastic last year.
I haven't done anything with the phone/internet service since I cancelled it, and as such I currently have no working phone or internet, however I'm a little puzzled by what needs to be done to get back on board with Exetel. I know that in the application form for the INC2DSLA plan it requires a "WORKING TELEPHONE SERVICE" in order for the service to be provided, but does this still apply considering that I was previously receiving a service from Exetel and have merely cancelled a contract?

So, what will I need to do? Will I have to ring up Telstra again and pay for one month of phone service, or can I merely sign up for Exetel again and know that the application will go though?

Thanks

dbr

Re: What constitutes a "A WORKING TELEPHONE SERVICE"

Post by dbr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 am

EVOMAN wrote:So, what will I need to do? Will I have to ring up Telstra again and pay for one month of phone service,
Yes. There needs to be an Active Service connected. That is, there is a number allocated, a dial tone is present and you can make and receive phone calls.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

Graham C

Post by Graham C » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:30 am

Why don't you get HSPA instead?

EVOMAN

Post by EVOMAN » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:13 pm

dbr wrote:
EVOMAN wrote:So, what will I need to do? Will I have to ring up Telstra again and pay for one month of phone service,
Yes. There needs to be an Active Service connected. That is, there is a number allocated, a dial tone is present and you can make and receive phone calls.
Hmm thanks for that. It's a bit annoying though, I don't understand why that should be the case. Can an Exetel employee please confirm this?
Graham C wrote:Why don't you get HSPA instead?
Slower and more expensive. I also make a lot of local calls so a landline is good to have as well.

dbr

Post by dbr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 pm

EVOMAN wrote:Hmm thanks for that. It's a bit annoying though, I don't understand why that should be the case. Can an Exetel employee please confirm this?
I'm not an exetel employee, however this question has been asked and answered ad nauseum on the forum (search is your friend). It is also in the ADSL FAQ.

As an aside, it is the same for someone who is getting Naked. Ie the ONLY reason they connect a line (and pay Telstra at least $59 + $21) is to have naked connected and then the phone line cancelled.

It is a process set up by the Wholesalers and nothing can be done.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety