PPP problems

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
PossiblyNotBob

PPP problems

Post by PossiblyNotBob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:14 pm

For a period last night and all of today, I've been unable to connect, with my modem unable to get PPP authentication. I've tried a full factory reset on the modem, as well as the standard isolation test. I've double and triple checked the username and password stored in there, yet still unable to connect. I also couldn't see anything in my member facilities page to suggest i've been disconnected, either. Is there anything I can do?

JasonM

Re: PPP problems

Post by JasonM » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Please check your modem is configured with a PPPoE LLC connection, and if your issue still persists, please PM your number to me.

mm0

Post by mm0 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:00 am

me too, i have been having the exact same problems with PPP not authenticating. It has been two days now..

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Can you factory reset the modem and check if the issue remains?

anicol

Post by anicol » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Having the same issues, every now and then it will connect for a short time then drop out, my parents who live 5 minutes away are having the same issue. This has been going on for about 3 days, I have logged 2 calls and they get resolved because it connects every now and then, come on exetel tell us what is going on

jubba

Post by jubba » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:54 pm

I just wanted to I've had authentication problems aswell. I've logged a fault due to lack of response on forum and based on what i've seen you guys do. The auth fail began Tuesday night and i have not been able to connect since then.

Is this auth problems people are experiencing related. If so could someone from exetel post something about what they thinking is happening.
The reason ask is that I've been really satisfied with Exetel service up to now and haven't had a single problem since now.

Thank you
J

Tox

Post by Tox » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi All,

Same problem here. Im in Newcastle on the Hamilton exchange (if that helps).

Yesterday and today i have been unable to connect. But then at about 9:30pm both nights it miraculously decides to connect. And thats without me doing anything at all. I dont even have my PC turned on at the time....just my modem.

Not sure if its some sort of high traffic issue and thats why it connects later at night once the traffic has reduced.

Hope it doesnt happen over the weekend !!!! Cant live without the net on a weekend!!! lol

Regards
Scott

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:30 pm

This thread may be relevant if you have a Powertel ADSL2+ service
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=297&t=31395
I believe the Powertel issue may now be resolved but you should await official confirmation from Exetel on the referenced thread.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

jubba

Post by jubba » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:52 am

Problem has been solved after changing to PPPoA/VC Mux.
Thanks to Engineers at help desk.

But I was wondering if it was possible for Exetel to inform customer about the requirement to change auth settings earlier. Or at least inform us in advance that we might experience difficulty connecting to the internet. I've been told that Powertel made changes to the network, which was why it was necessary to change to PPPoA/VC Mux. Wasn't exetel informed about the changes Powertel were making to the network?