High latency while using Ventrilo and World of Warcraft

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
poplipalace

Re: High latency while using Ventrilo and World of Warcraft

Post by poplipalace » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:36 pm

im getting this lag problem after 12. it disconnected me last night at 12pm and when i came back the game had spiked to 3k latency and just continued to rise. my latency is normally slightly high at 450ms which i can deal with but when it gets laggy during raid times i cant play as it logs me randomly. i am using ventrilo during these times but i only noticed an increase of 100ms after 12 which compared to ingame wasn't as horrible. This started happening a few months ago but i didnt realise it was an exetel issue. could i please get the fix to see if it works better again

AspeRity

Post by AspeRity » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:15 pm

sorry if this is wrong thread to ask in but could i get the fix on my account. Getting the same issue

adamknifey

Post by adamknifey » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:14 am

im getting the same prob again. u guys fixed it a few weeks before u moved location and i think since after then its been happening again, getting worse and worse. really impossible 2 play dota or any mmo after 12am and im even downloading slow from 12am.
if its possible to reapply this fix to my net again, that would be great as it worked last time.

WilliamC

Post by WilliamC » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Adam,

I will look into this.

Please PM me your details again.

Regards

William C

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:26 am

This issue is still present for my internet connection.

Pretty much every night after 12.

Liammm

Post by Liammm » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:15 am

This is happening to my connection again after getting the fix a few months ago.

It's really bad after 12 every night for me.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:14 am

Liammm wrote:This is happening to my connection again after getting the fix a few months ago.
Are you using Ventrillo version 3.05 (there have been reports that upgrading to 3.05 fixes this issue). If so, can you post the realm server and the server IP address

icefr05t

Post by icefr05t » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:43 pm

shnoosh wrote:Before midnight pings were still jumping up and down. Midnight has now hit and there is a huge latency issue again.
I seem to be the only one with any lag in this server.

It is important to note here that the problem with jumping pings occurs BEFORE and AFTER Midnight (at all times) but is worse after midnight.

In more detail, during the morning/day everything is fine. Latency issues begin around 6-7pm of evening (Sydney time) and it gradually becomes worse. Once midnight ticks over it i receive time-outs and disconnections and a ping that is through the roof.

Unfortunately i may have to look into a new ISP if this problem exists for too much longer.
Help. :( the same thing happens to me right when it hit midnight..

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:05 pm

As for the post above yours, can you post the realm server and the server IP address

adamknifey

Post by adamknifey » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:48 pm

ay guys, Aion Tower of Eternity is coming out in september and its currently in beta stages where we can play it every 2 weeks.
So far, i havnt had much lag at all on and off peak, which is good, but when the game comes out, if there's any possible way to make the connection between exetel and aion servers as good as possible so we dont have issues like people playing wow it would be gr8. thanks

WilliamC

Post by WilliamC » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi Adam,

Your best bet is to PM me their details as soon as it comes out so i can get our Allot guys onto it ASAP.

mooooomba

Post by mooooomba » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi,

Hopefully I am posting in the right thread - I have been with exetel for several years now but was lucky enough not to have any big issues with it until now, so this is the first time I am posting for help.

I have only recently began raiding with 25 man groups (previously - 10man groups, and there were minimal connection problems) and found my ping to be extremely high at times ~1000ms. (Is it because of more traffic flowing everywhere - I don't know) Though not being optimal, I can still tolerate it, but the main issues is that I get disconnected quite frequently halfway during a fight, leading to disastrous consequences, likely being forced to stay in fire etc.
Some days, the connection is ok and I don't get disconnected, but about half the number of days, the disconnect keeps coming during 25man fights.

I have tried tunneling services. On days where the connection is ok, i do get lower pings from using the tunneling services, but on the disconnect days, the service doesn't help at all, but actually makes the connections spike even more.

What information should I supply in order to help diagnose the problem associated, and is this problem fixable? Raiding is quite an important priority for me, and I won't mind paying more for a better connection if it is what is required.

mooooomba

Post by mooooomba » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 pm

Sorry, got repeatedly disconnected during fights again today. It's a pity noone is responding to this thread.
Again, it's during the phases where there is more information flowing around where I get disconnected, and when I try logging back on during the fights, I get disconnected right back.

Does anyone know if exetel provides assistance for these connection issues, or help guide me to the right direction to seek help please?

------
Edit

I would also like to add that this disconnecting issue is world of warcraft specific - it's quite odd. I have no issues with other applications like vent, which remains in connection with low pings. It's just the WoW portion which is acting up and has the lag/disconnects.

lilcrim

Post by lilcrim » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 pm

Over the past few days I have been getting disconnects in wow too. Randomly. Now today and tonight I can’t do shit. Every 30-60 seconds the game will lock up for around 5 seconds, as tho its going to DC but it doesn’t. Earlier tonight and today my latency was sitting at 900-3500. Now it’s down to 450 but I’m still getting these lag spikes that lock totally lock up the game (i.e. all players just run on the spot)

i have ran some trace routes, seem ok, all around the 200ms. get time outs after they get to a certain point. Looks like the end point security block the packets so this doesn’t really reveal what’s happening. I’m playing on dreadmaul (12.129.225.76)

Also, I have run continuos pings to say Google on a second screen, and at the time wow seems to lock up, there is no dropped packets, or increase in latency.

crazy times we live in hey.

stickmatrix

Post by stickmatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:27 pm

i changed my ip a while ago and the same probelms in wow started after midnight (lag spikes and disconnects) pretty much impossible to play after 2am gets hard at 12.