Easter ADSL2+ drop outs

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Poseidon

Easter ADSL2+ drop outs

Post by Poseidon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Well it all started on Thursday 9 April just be fore the Easter break and of course just when Exetel and Australia are going on a 4 day break.
I was connected at about 6pm then suddenly nothing. Since then I have suffered regular internet outages or serious restriction.
Have been away over Easter but can say no internet Wed morning or minimal (selective) internet in the evening. Cant log into Google, slow on other sites but Exetel site is fine.
A friend down the road whom I recommended to Exetel had limited internet last Thursday when I had none and this morning they too had no internet though they reported about 9.30am they established a connection again.
I rang through and registered the problem this morning and got a reply later to say the issue had been resolved.
Not the case I'm afraid to report.
Strangely some email is getting through this evening and I have been able to log into the forum but still no google or other sites
Very weird!

JasonM

Re: Easter ADSL2+ drop outs

Post by JasonM » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:07 pm

When you notice drop outs, is the ADSL light on the modem, flashing, solid or off?