Offpeak access block kicks in during onpeak

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
exeusersh

Offpeak access block kicks in during onpeak

Post by exeusersh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi

Some issues have arisen regarding access blocking due to download limits.

1. During offpeak this morning, your Access Block page has appeared for my account. It incorrectly states that I have exceeded my download allowance at 56 GB. But the download limit for offpeak is 60 GB. So I waited until onpeak kicked in at noon today.

2. During the onpeak period (now), the same block page appears and I cannot access the internet at all. The wording on the block page is confusing since one section mentions "12 noon to 12 midnight" while later on it mentions "12 midnight to 12 noon".

3. I attempted to use the form on that page to unblock and accept the $6.00/GB excess fee. Upon completing the form, including my account number, the reply comes back at the top of the page in red letters stating that my account is not currently blocked.

Can someone please look into getting my access restored.

thanks,
rick

p.s. I am on an ADSL1 connection and should have posted this to the ADLS1 board. Apologies.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Offpeak access block kicks in during onpeak

Post by Dazzled » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:07 pm

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:53 pm

...and the typos (54Gb -> 60Gb and "midnight") have also been raised elsewhere.

If you still cannot re-gain access, please send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

exeusersh

Post by exeusersh » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:35 am

CoreyPlover wrote:...and the typos (54Gb -> 60Gb and "midnight") have also been raised elsewhere.

If you still cannot re-gain access, please send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au
I am connected again, thanks.

Could you please have someone proof read the usage.php page, correct the typos and fix it so that is actaully does what it purports to do?

exeusersh

Post by exeusersh » Sun May 31, 2009 7:07 pm

exeusersh wrote:I am connected again, thanks.
Could you please have someone proof read the usage.php page, correct the typos and fix it so that is actaully does what it purports to do?
The access block kicked in again at the end of this month, today. Looks much better. And more to the point, it worked. I made my selection and access was granted within five minutes.

Thanks,
Rick