Application rejected because didn't order modem

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
nucari

Application rejected because didn't order modem

Post by nucari » Thu May 14, 2009 5:47 pm

I submitted an application for the PTL plan on Tuesday and today I found out that my application was rejected because it indicated that

"You didn't order a modem"

This is strange because I have a modem.
by JasonM wrote:
It is OK to transfer. You shouldn't need to cancel the Internode service until after the service is activated with us.
On Jason M's advice (see my previous post http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=31915) I applied for the PTL service without disconnecting my ADSL1 service.

Unfortunately when I tried to enter the details on the application form that my Current DSL provider was Internode, this provider was not listed in the drop down menu. So to ensure the application was submitted, I indicated on the form that I did not have a current DSL provider even though this is not correct.

I also indicated that I do not require a modem from Exetel and I did not include the details of my current modem as the form said that this was optional information.

I sent an email to residential sales this morning about this issue and asked how I should proceed. So far I have not received a response. I'm guessing that they have been busy.

So I thought I would ask here and see if someone can help. Does anyone know how I should proceed with the application? Can I just fill out a new application form and state the type of modem that I have? Or is there someone else I can contact for help?

Thanks.

JasonM

Re: Application rejected because didn't order modem

Post by JasonM » Thu May 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Please PM your service number to me, I suspect that's not the reason, it just refers to the second part of the Application Status page.

harryL

Post by harryL » Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 pm

You probably just did not tick one of the required boxes on the application form.

H.

nucari

Post by nucari » Fri May 15, 2009 10:08 am

JasonM wrote:Please PM your service number to me, I suspect that's not the reason, it just refers to the second part of the Application Status page.
Did you find out why the application was rejected? What can I do now to proceed with the application?