Tried to move to ADSL2+ PTLD plan

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
TheToid

Tried to move to ADSL2+ PTLD plan

Post by TheToid » Mon May 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently tried to change my ADSL1 services to ADSL2+ on the PTLD plan, however, i got this response:

"Your application to upgrade your ADSL connection to an ADSL2+ service without telephone has been unsuccessful. This is because you are not currently connected to a Powertel enabled exchange. You may qualify for ADSL 2+ and telephony on Optus enabled exchanges. You will need to complete a new upgrade order through the User Facilities if you wish to proceed."

My question is, is there a petition or something somewhere (something like what telstra has) where we can register our interest in Powertel getting to connected to my exchange, in the hope that they will connect it up sooner rather than later?

EDIT: I have no intention of trying the Optus plans, everything I have gotten that has anything to do with Optus has only ended badly for me.

Thanks,
Aaron
TheToid

JasonM

Re: Tried to move to ADSL2+ PTLD plan

Post by JasonM » Mon May 18, 2009 3:04 pm

I won't talk you into the Optus services, but from where I sit, and the number of issues processed, I would take Optus over Powertel anyday.

There's no list that I am aware of to express interest in Powertel services.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon May 18, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi Aaron,

What exchange are you on?

James

TheToid

Post by TheToid » Wed May 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi James,

I must apologise for my late reply, i have been away quite a bit lately.

According to whirlpool, I am on the Morayfield, QLD exchange, we also have an account with exetel at work which we would like to move over to ADSL2 and that is on the Caboolture, QLD exchange, however from what I understand powertel isnt on that exchange either?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron
TheToid