Your ADSL2 Service Rejected

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ohagas

Your ADSL2 Service Rejected

Post by ohagas » Tue May 26, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm in the process of moving from Manly Vale NSW to Umina Beach NSW. Currently I'm on the INCPHONE A plan (an older ADSL2 plan which uses Optus for the home phone).
I organised Telstra to connect the line yesterday (May 25) and it was connected around 3:30pm. (I am getting a dial tone). I also submitted my application yesterday to move my ADSL to new premises (but before 3:30pm).

I received the following email from Exetel today:
"Dear MR xxx Exetel has received the Optus Rejection Advice Report for your application.

The reason for putting your application for rejection is: Please be advised your application has been rejected due to your phone line not being active
at the time of submission, OR, that your telephone number does not connect to a Telstra exchange.

Please contact your local line rental provider to confirm the following two conditions.
If they do, then most likely Telstra have not updated their database records Exetel needs
to submit the order. In these cases, please resubmit the application for NEW orders."
Is it likely that it's just an issue of the "phone line not being active at the time of submission" and I just need to resubmit?

Thanks
Sean

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Your ADSL2 Service Rejected

Post by Dazzled » Tue May 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Woy Woy exchange? Try later - Telstra's computers take a while to propagate information.

ohagas

Re: Your ADSL2 Service Rejected

Post by ohagas » Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks Dazzled. That appears to have been the problem.