"Cutover date" - is this fixed?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ohagas

"Cutover date" - is this fixed?

Post by ohagas » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Just looking at my ADSL relocation status - it says "Cutover Date: 2009-06-16". Is there any chance Exetel can do this sooner, or is this date locked in?
I requested June 5 (the day I move out of my existing premises and into my new one), but I had issues getting the supplier to finalise the connection, then getting the correct account number. I wasn't expecting it to get pushed back by 11 calendar days.

Thanks
Sean
Last edited by ohagas on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JasonM

Re: "Cutover date" - is this fixed?

Post by JasonM » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Typically it is fixed, sometimes they are rescheduled, or completed a day either side of that date.

ohagas

Post by ohagas » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks Jason...any chance you could try and expedite it for me? I'm moving up beside you to Umina :)
Don't know how I'll get by up there for a week and a half with no net access :cry:
seano

ohagas

Post by ohagas » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Also, it has just occured to me that if it's going to take a further 11 days after I move out of my existing premises to get ADSL connected/relocated, does this mean that my current line will stay active and the new owner who moves in could use my line to make phone calls which I would be liable for? Do I need to phone Exetel about this to ensure my line is disconnected on the day I move out?
Thanks
Sean

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Ordinarily, yes: the service will remain active for those 11 days. If this is not something you desire then you should probably email provisioning@exetel.com.au to get some options. They may be able to break the "relocation" into a cancellation done immediately and the activation done on 16 June