Application rejected again

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
nucari

Application rejected again

Post by nucari » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:23 pm

I tried signing up to a PTL ADSL2 plan last month and the application was rejected. I posted a couple of messages here and received some helpful comments. At the time I was told that my application was rejected because I had a Telstra Homeline budget phone plan and due to line sharing I could not have ADSL2 with this plan. So I changed telephone plans and then yesterday I tried signing up again but now the service has been rejected again.

The application status page indicates the following:

HELLO, PLEASE BE ADVISED DUE TO AS THE CURRENT PROVIDER IS NOT A PARTICIPANT OF THE SSS WORK TYPE. YOU WILL HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR CURRENT SERVICE AND ONCE THE CANCELLATION HAS COMPLETED, THEN A NEW ORDER WILL HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED.

I find this strange because I currently have an ADSL1 connection with Internode/Aglie. I contacted Internode recently and was told that they do participate in single service transfers and they also mentioned that my ADSL1 connection is on Telstra hardware.

Can someone help me resolve this issue as I do not want to be without an internet connection for up to 10 working days?

Thanks.

JasonM

Re: Application rejected again

Post by JasonM » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:34 pm

How much time was between the plan change and the new application?
Can you email your details to provisioning@exetel.com.au - as this should be possible, if you are on an Internode ADSL1 connection via Telstra Wholesale.

nucari

Post by nucari » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Thanks for you help Jason. I have just emailed provisioning.

I placed the PTL application at about 1pm yesterday and about 1/2 hour later I changed the telephone plan. Telstra said that it would take 1 to 2 hours for the plan change to occur. Should I have allowed more time? And should I just try to re-submit the form again now when still connected to Internode?

nucari

Post by nucari » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm

I've just been rejected again for the same reason. So I don't think it matters what phone plan I'm on.

Who actually rejects an application? Is it rejected by a human or is it a machine?

So would it definitely has been rejected because of the reason they gave me in that Internode does not participate in SSS transfers? If I was to disconnect and then submit the application again what are the chances that it will be accepted this time? I would hate to disconnect and then find out that for some other reason I can't get ADSL2 at my house. Then I wouldn't be able to go back easily to Interndoe again.

Is it possible that it was rejected because I'm trying to transfer from ADSL1 at one company and going straight to ADSL2 at another company? Would I be better off changing to Internode ADSL2 and then trying to transfer across to Exetel ADSL2?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 pm

When you emailed provisioning, you would have a ticket number, can I get this so I can check into it?

nucari

Post by nucari » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:57 pm

I've just sent you a PM with the details.

Thanks.

nucari

Post by nucari » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Finally after the third attempt I am now connected to Exetel. This involved a straight SST transfer without me having to disconnect from Internode first.

So, to anyone who is considering transferring to Exetel in a similar way to me, it is possible to transfer directly from one company's ADSL1 to Exetel ADSL2 aswell as transfer directly from Internode to Exetel.

Thank you to Jason and Provisioning for all the work they did in helping me.

It turned out that there was a issue with AAPT and trying to get the ADSL2 connection on their Powertel line. Provisioning mentioned to me that AAPT advised them that the order was rejected due to a time out issue.