Off Peak Quota

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
donut

Off Peak Quota

Post by donut » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 am

HI,

I am not sure where to put this but, as per the email on 1st April 2009. Off-peak quota is now 60GB, but in Members Facilities it still shows up as 54GB.

Am I meant to apply for this increase or how am I suppose to get this extra quota.

Also, will there be any changes to these plans come 1st July 2009.

Thank you in advance.

-david

oldman

Re: Off Peak Quota

Post by oldman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:46 am

The quota of 60 GB for Off-peak is only for currently available plans... ie. plans you can sign up for today. Any continuing plan (ie. it is no longer available for new users) remains at 54 GB.

donut

Post by donut » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Thanks Oldman,

So does that mean that I if I want to up my off peak, I need to sign on a new plan on a new contract then?

Regards,

-david

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Well, if you go into your Member Facilities, under ADSL > Change My Service, you may be able to see the plans you can switch to, click apply and see whether any contract terms are mentioned. Otherwise, this is probably a question you should direct to billing@exetel.com.au

RogW

Post by RogW » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:54 pm

I have this too.

Strange as no notification was sent out to me.

I have the original email which was sent out on 31/3 with the following quote

1) 12 midnight to 12 noon allowance increased to 60 gb

"No current users of these plans need take any action to receive these benefits from April 1st 2009."

So I guess the question is, have we been knocked back to 54 from 60 ?

Would be nice to know how the original poster went with his billing enquiry.

edit

more intriguing is that checking on all current plans for naked adsl2 the off peak quota on all of them is 60.....and my current plan that I am on isnt even available ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

sable

Post by sable » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 pm

RogW

It appears you did not read the response by Oldman
The quota of 60 GB for Off-peak is only for currently available plans... ie. plans you can sign up for today. Any continuing plan (ie. it is no longer available for new users) remains at 54 GB.

RogW

Post by RogW » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Well lets look at it like this:-

1. I received an email from exetel saying that the quota had been changed from 54gb to 60gb, this was in March.
2. I have received no email saying this has been reduced to 54gb.
3. If I hadnt checked my usage page or come onto the forum then there is the possibility I could have gone over 54gb for my off peak quota.
4. I would have got charged x amount of dollars.

so my question is "how come I have been advised I have been upgraded to 60gb, then downgraded to 54gb without being advised and then someone saying "oh it only applies to new plans"".

I have no problem with it being knocked back to 54gb as I dont even use that much, but its not hard to send out an email to advise customers.
Also saying its only available to new plans is contradictory to the email I was sent back in March.

LordS

Post by LordS » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:21 pm

RogW wrote:Well lets look at it like this:-

1. I received an email from exetel saying that the quota had been changed from 54gb to 60gb, this was in March.
2. I have received no email saying this has been reduced to 54gb.
3. If I hadnt checked my usage page or come onto the forum then there is the possibility I could have gone over 54gb for my off peak quota.
4. I would have got charged x amount of dollars.

so my question is "how come I have been advised I have been upgraded to 60gb, then downgraded to 54gb without being advised and then someone saying "oh it only applies to new plans"".

I have no problem with it being knocked back to 54gb as I dont even use that much, but its not hard to send out an email to advise customers.
Also saying its only available to new plans is contradictory to the email I was sent back in March.
You weren't upgraded then downgraded.

They never changed your plan.

The email said off peak had been changed to 60GB from 54GB, did it say yours had?

What it was referring to was their new plan offers.

Here is the exact line from my April 2009 News Letter:
'From April 1st 2009 Exetel has increased the download in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period from 54 gb to 60 gb.'

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 am

In hindsight, the wording may be considered unclear. The intention was always that new plans have 60GB off-peak and old plans continue under their 54GB off-peak allowance. So now you know.

RogW

Post by RogW » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:16 am

Yeh no worries CoreyPlover, although I am positive my meter said 60gb for April, May and June....

I could be mistaken though :twisted: