ADSL2 frequent drop out/difficult to sync

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
jintao

ADSL2 frequent drop out/difficult to sync

Post by jintao » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:16 am

Hi,
I emailed this issue to your support but have not received a response.

Two weeks ago (around 15-Jul) I raised a ticket (#1466018) for slow sync. Exetel did some line testing but did not see imporvement. But since the connection was stable, I'll live with the speed.

However since 1-Aug, my connection has constant drop outs. Sometimes it drops out every 10 to 15 minutes, sometimes every few hours. This is very bad, because since my service started from 10-Jul, the connection was rock solid. After your line testing on 17-Jul, it is still rock solid and I have never had any drop outs until 1-Aug.

So I replied to this ticket for further investigation, but no reply. Should I raise another ticket?

I have not changed anything on my side. I have done some basic testing such as:

Isolation
Turned off wireless router
Changed to a different phone socket
Changed to a different phone cable
Downgraded modem profile from ADSL2+ to ADSL2, and even to ADSL.

There is no back to base alarm or foxtel cable in my house.

It still drops out frequently. And connection speed is lower then before. It varies widly between 1.5mbps to 7mbps. Before 1-Aug, I can usually connect at around 8mbps to 8.5mbps.

Since yesterday, the connection became even worse. Sometimes it can't sync ADSL2+ at all. Even ADSL1 sync is difficult.

BTW, the phone works ok. There is no noise or any abnormal sound when making a phone call.

I suspect something has changed on the exchange side on 1-Aug. Maybe a bad Optus port? Could you please help to investigate or maybe change to a different port?

Thanks.

Martin V
Exetel Staff

Re: ADSL2 frequent drop out/difficult to sync

Post by Martin V » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:48 am

Hello jintao,

The ticket has been responded to you earlier this morning so there is no requirement to open multiple tickets. We're going to need further line test for the purpose of showing proof to our supplier if there is any problems with the line.

Please reply back to the ticket once you have the line isolated for further testing or PM me once the line is isolated.
Martin
eXeTeL Support

jintao

Re: ADSL2 frequent drop out/difficult to sync

Post by jintao » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:01 am

Martin V wrote:Hello jintao,

The ticket has been responded to you earlier this morning so there is no requirement to open multiple tickets. We're going to need further line test for the purpose of showing proof to our supplier if there is any problems with the line.

Please reply back to the ticket once you have the line isolated for further testing or PM me once the line is isolated.
Thank you. Will do tonight after work and you can do the testing whole day tomorrow.