Exetel Block then block again

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
bullz

Exetel Block then block again

Post by bullz » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Trying to access web and we get the Exetel Block Page, advising us that we have exceeded our usage, (which we have - 8.56GB for a 8GB peak), but the amount on the block page says we have used 13 - 14 GB for a 12GB limit.

We put in our number to have it removed and it advises that the service will be restored in 5 minutes. We wait and attempt again this time getting a secoond block page advising our quota has been reached and we will be charged $6 per GB and we accept the future download warnings and once again put in our number and enter.

This time it advises "Your service number is incorrect or you are currently not in the blocked list."

We cannot get past this point.

Could this be looked into please.

Thankyou

JasonM

Re: Exetel Block then block again

Post by JasonM » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:19 pm

The service was unblocked, but blocked again after reaching the usage limit - you should be able to submit the usage block page, as your service is still blocked.

welchyboy

Post by welchyboy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:11 am

I'm in the same boat. It says I'm blocked and then I do what i would have done in the past (ticked the boxes and hit restore) and it would restore. In the first instance, it says it will be restored in 5min. However, after 5min/10min/30min, it comes up again asking for my VoIP phone number to allow myself to continue to unblock but, I dont have a VoIP number.

This is very frustrating. Please advise.
Thanks

welchyboy

Post by welchyboy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:36 pm

welchyboy wrote:I'm in the same boat. It says I'm blocked and then I do what i would have done in the past (ticked the boxes and hit restore) and it would restore. In the first instance, it says it will be restored in 5min. However, after 5min/10min/30min, it comes up again asking for my VoIP phone number to allow myself to continue to unblock but, I don't have a VoIP number.

This is very frustrating. Please advise.
Thanks
Still Not working. Now, instead of the Blocked page, nothing comes up other then Exetel's webpage (when selected). When trying to find a page other then Exetel, i get a Page Load Error.
Exetel Admin: I am connecting from my active IP for this post (for your reference).
Cheers, thanks for any assistance.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:46 am

Your service is not currently blocked.

ManUtdFans

Post by ManUtdFans » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 am

I think Exetel had not done any rigorous test on this 'Block' functionality.

I got this issue when they implemented this 'Block' at the beginning of the year (the last day of the month) and I also got blocked the next day (first day of next month), that's ridiculous.
And 'lucky' I did not over-download anymore because I did not want to be blocked.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:13 pm

AlanTse wrote:I think Exetel had not done any rigorous test on this 'Block' functionality.

I got this issue when they implemented this 'Block' at the beginning of the year (the last day of the month) and I also got blocked the next day (first day of next month), that's ridiculous.
And 'lucky' I did not over-download anymore because I did not want to be blocked.
I think we have done extensive testing on this function.