Naked Porting

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Aaphid

Naked Porting

Post by Aaphid » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:05 pm

delete
Last edited by Aaphid on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JasonM

Re: Naked Porting Nightmare

Post by JasonM » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Exetel don't have the number locked in such a situation (or ever, it's not possible, anticompetitive conduct, etc..), the number is in Telstra's quarantine.

You need only call Telstra, tell them you changed your mind about going to Naked ADSL2+, and want to the phone line back on with them, they'll reactivate the number back on the line, and once done, we can arrange for the DSL service to be fixed after a manual port is done. Telstra HAVE the number in their quarantine pool, I've had 2 others do exactly that recently.

I'm sure someone has taken ownership of that particular issue (our provisioning manager), but, nothing further can occur until the line is reactivated with Telstra!
The process isn't the 'transfer again', it's actually slightly quicker, depending on how fast you can get Telstra to get that line active, and get the account number from them, we can then get the port of the line done.

If you need me to confirm our provisioning manager is looking after the issue, please PM the number to me.