Moving to new home. And need a new internet service.

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
brianlhm

Moving to new home. And need a new internet service.

Post by brianlhm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:21 am

Hey guys,

I am asking this for my friend.

He has just moved into to a apartment. And he has called 12722123 to check for the phone line number from his home and with the number with him at the moment.

He wants to apply for the Naked ADSL2 service. What I want to ask is,
1) He can call 12722123 from his home, is that mean his phone line is activated?
2) If it is activated, will he be able to applied Exetel now?
3) If the phone line is not activated, is that he has to call Telstra to activate the line and have a month of "HomeLine Budget" plan before he can apply for Exetel?

Thank you very much.

Brian

JasonM

Re: Moving to new home. And need a new internet service.

Post by JasonM » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:29 am

brianlhm wrote:1) He can call 12722123 from his home, is that mean his phone line is activated?
No.
brianlhm wrote:2) If it is activated, will he be able to applied Exetel now?
Not without the account number from his own active service on that line.
brianlhm wrote:3) If the phone line is not activated, is that he has to call Telstra to activate the line and have a month of "HomeLine Budget" plan before he can apply for Exetel?
He would need to ensure he has an active, working Telstra-network based land line before the connection could occur.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Moving to new home. And need a new internet service.

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 pm

JasonM wrote:
brianlhm wrote:1) He can call 12722123 from his home, is that mean his phone line is activated?
No.
...or more accurately, "not necessarily". That number is the Telstra line identification phone number. It should read back your phone number to you for you to check if it is activated properly. The easier way to test is to try to make a successful outgoing and incoming call on that phone number