Resigning to different plan

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Padrino90

Resigning to different plan

Post by Padrino90 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi,

Since canceling my ADSL2 service Exetel is now offering a deal which I am interested in. I would like to sign up to this service in the members login, under change my service, but am unable to (the plans listed are old ones). The plan is NF/22BYO Line.

Could you please advise as to how to go about signing up for this service, and/or if the plans in the members area will be updated. I want to stop the cancellation and resign to the said plan.
I sent an email to residential support 2-3 days ago with no reply.

Thanks

rusty100

Re: Resigning to different plan

Post by rusty100 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm

I also cannot find how to change my plan

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:29 am

Padrino90 wrote:I would like to sign up to this service in the members login, under change my service, but am unable to (the plans listed are old ones). The plan is NF/22BYO Line.
rusty100 wrote:I also cannot find how to change my plan
I am currently on a PTL plan. In the member facilities, under ADSL > Change My Service I can see the new BYO Line plans. If they are not appearing for you, perhaps email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au. What plan are you both currently on?
Padrino90 wrote:I want to stop the cancellation and resign to the said plan. I sent an email to residential support 2-3 days ago with no reply.
I'll try and bring this to the attention of an Exetel engineer. Did you get an automated response with a ticket number. If so, can you post it here?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:06 am

I can't see any cancellations for the service you are posting from.

soaper

Post by soaper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:10 am

actually i have a similar situation.......but not the same

i am changing from my current optus/naked service to an adsl 2 BYO on another line i have in the house.

i had sort of assumed that i would fill in the change of service details but no other plans but naked come up for me either

maybe i need to fill in a new service thingy really ???????

guess that is the answer

is it better accounting wise or any other way to do this at the end of the month or do i just do it now and let the process happen

thanks

Padrino90

Post by Padrino90 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Corey,

the ticket number is 172590..... An engineer has stopped the cancellation. Im currently on the the old inludephone plan, I recieved an email saying I'm unable to sign up to a BYO plan, only another include phone or naked.

All i need to know now is what I need to do to sign up to a BYO plan.....

Thanks

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Padrino90 wrote:All i need to know now is what I need to do to sign up to a BYO plan.....
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 11#p257911

Padrino90

Post by Padrino90 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks Mate,

lucky theres no sign up fee now.... ill re cancel my service and sign up for the byo plan....however my current plan ends on the 20th...How can i be certain that the new plan will kick in on this date and not before or later?...I dont want to be charged $100 early cancellation fee or be left without internet.....

Thanks

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:50 am

Padrino90 wrote:ill re cancel my service and sign up for the byo plan....however my current plan ends on the 20th...How can i be certain that the new plan will kick in on this date and not before or later?...I dont want to be charged $100 early cancellation fee or be left without internet....
So currently on an INCPHONE or INC2DSL plan and wanting to go to a NF/BYO Line plan.

Hopefully Jason can confirm that I have this correct, but that would necessitate you:
1. Cancelling your current bundled plan
2. Moving your phone line back to Telstra (this actually accomplishes step 1 as moving phone provider from Optus to Telstra will drop ADSL codes and all you then need to do is contact Exetel to close the billing account)
3. Apply as a new customer to the NF/BYO plan

The only way to ensure you avoid the cancellation fee in step 1 is wait until your contract has finished before submitting the cancellation request / migrating your phone line to Telstra. Also, cancelling a plan outright and then applying for a new plan will always leave you without internet while the new service gets provisioned.

Padrino90

Post by Padrino90 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:22 am

Hi Corey,

I have canceled for the 20th, so that isn't a problem and have planned to have the phone line cut over on the 20th also. If possible could you advise as to when you think signing up for the new plan would be best, based on how long it usually takes to setup a line. ie, about 7 days before the 20th???? So that it is cut over on or just after the 20th.

Thanks for your help.

thomas261989

Post by thomas261989 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:53 pm

My contract expired in September and now I wanna switch to one of Exetel's new plan. Is it true that I won't be going on a new contract, just changing the plan?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:27 pm

thomas261989 wrote:My contract expired in September and now I wanna switch to one of Exetel's new plan. Is it true that I won't be going on a new contract, just changing the plan?
As per http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 12#p257912, no new contract applies if the change you are considering stays on the same infrastructure (i.e. NONPHONE or NAK2 plans to NF/No Tel, or INCPHONE / INC2DSL to NF/IncTel, or ANYPHONE / PTL to NF/BYO Line)

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 am

Padrino90 wrote:Hi Corey,

I have canceled for the 20th, so that isn't a problem and have planned to have the phone line cut over on the 20th also. If possible could you advise as to when you think signing up for the new plan would be best, based on how long it usually takes to setup a line. ie, about 7 days before the 20th???? So that it is cut over on or just after the 20th.

Thanks for your help.
You would need to wait for the phone line to be active and working before applying - wait for the phone line to be active.
Then, once that's done, apply the day after (so that Telstra's wholesale systems should be up to date), and then - around 4 - 7 working days the new connection should be active.