Request Update - VIC& TAS outage

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Omnigeek

Request Update - VIC& TAS outage

Post by Omnigeek » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:56 am

This is nearing a 24 hour outage for me and I have seen no actual update on progress, or expected time for fix on the forum for it since around 2pm yesterday, is this fault still happening? If so what is being done about the outage and when can we expect service to be restored?

JasonM

Re: Request Update - VIC& TAS outage

Post by JasonM » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 am

Your service is blocked.
Visit http://blocked.exetel.com.au to restore service.

Juskym

Post by Juskym » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Ever since the outage on Tuesday afternoon, my connection is having problems.
As an example when i load IE or firefox i get a 'cannot display the webpage' error and have to refresh the page 2 or 3 times before it will display, it will then work for a while until i go onto a different site and the same again, have to keep refreshing. Could this be caused by the outage on Tuesday? Or any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

Vanessa (TAS)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:30 am

Juskym wrote:Or any suggestions on how to fix?
Try a modem reboot, or even better, switch off for 30 minutes and switch back on. This can clear things.

There are a few other less likely candidates for fixing issues like these (you can try changing IP address in you member facilities, if you have Vista you can try disabling IPv6 in your network adaptor properties, you can also try lowering the MTU which is found in your modem's web interface from 1492/1500 down to 1400).

Juskym

Post by Juskym » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestions Corey, will try the reboot (had done this but not for30 mins) and see how I go then move onto the next steps.

Cheers

Vanessa