Can't access internet outside exetel

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
dickiechang

Re: Can't access internet outside exetel

Post by dickiechang » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Hi, I am in Adelaide and I have no internet for the whole night. has that been fixed? (My IP is 58.96.x.y)
Sorry, I should say I can only access exetel website but nothing beyond that.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:58 pm

dickiechang wrote:Hi, I am in Adelaide and I have no internet for the whole night. has that been fixed? (My IP is 58.96.x.y)
Given that many of these issues have been resolved and relate to internet outages due to IP relocations from last week, your issue might be different.

If you can, I suggest you email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au for them to examine your problem. If you can't, please post back or PM me and I'll make your issue known to an engineer.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 pm

dickiechang wrote:Hi, I am in Adelaide and I have no internet for the whole night. has that been fixed? (My IP is 58.96.x.y)
I fixed an ip addressing issue for your service, but the modem is not in sync, perhaps switched off?
Can you please retest.

sharif

Re: Can't access internet

Post by sharif » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 pm

I am having issues with not be able to get internet connedtion since last Saturday (21 Nov). It acually started when exetel start changing my IP address. I saw in the forum that many users are having same problem. It is really frustrating of not having Intervet and VOIP connection. At the moment router shows my IP address 115.70.xx.xxx. I don't know what to do, rather waiting to resolve the issue.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:30 pm

sharif wrote:I am having issues with not be able to get internet connedtion since last Saturday (21 Nov). It acually started when exetel start changing my IP address. I saw in the forum that many users are having same problem. It is really frustrating of not having Intervet and VOIP connection. At the moment router shows my IP address 115.70.xx.xxx. I don't know what to do, rather waiting to resolve the issue.
If you get no response here in the forum, you should email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to make them aware of your issue. Also, make sure you have power cycled your modem (turn off for 30 minutes, turn back on)

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:37 pm

sharif wrote:I am having issues with not be able to get internet connedtion since last Saturday (21 Nov). It acually started when exetel start changing my IP address. I saw in the forum that many users are having same problem. It is really frustrating of not having Intervet and VOIP connection. At the moment router shows my IP address 115.70.xx.xxx. I don't know what to do, rather waiting to resolve the issue.
Please PM your service number to me, and ensure your modem is turned on.

dickiechang

Post by dickiechang » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:53 pm

JasonM wrote:
I fixed an ip addressing issue for your service, but the modem is not in sync, perhaps switched off?
Can you please retest.
Thanks a lot! It works now!

sacredbanana

Post by sacredbanana » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 am

I am having the same problems, although my problem may be the fact my ADSL2+ connection hasnt been fully set up yet. I have just upgraded from an ADSL1 to ADSL2+ and it said it would be activated approximately today. I'm not sure how long the downtime is while the transfer is being set up, but as it stands, all day today the only websites I have been able to access are the exetel page and the facebook homepage. Pinging the DNS server is hit and miss, it works fine but every 10 seconds or so theres a packet loss. I noticed my IP has been changed to a 58.xxx number. Maybe I'm just being impatient with the transfer process haha.. but the problem does seem to fit the description as what is described here.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 am

Since your IP Address has changed, you've probably been migrated to ADSL2+ (to confirm, you can check the upstream stats on your modem: ADSL1 connections are limited to 384kbps so anything greater means you are on ADSL2+).

It can't hurt to send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au explaining your connectivity problems and seeing what they say about it.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Your issue appears resolved sacredbanana.

sacredbanana

Post by sacredbanana » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:35 pm

It was resolved yesterday but all of a sudden today only certain websites load like www.kfcjobs.com.au works but YouTube wikipedia and even the exetel pages won't work. Msn and skype work fine. Gmail works too. Bizarre cos yesterday working fine after they changed my ip to a 220 one. Last night though the Internet was pretty slow at around 510 kbit (even though the modem said it was syncing at 8mbit) but during the day I got true 8mbit speeds. I hope this gets fixed soon cos my sister needs to do her research assignment.

xln747

Post by xln747 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:31 pm

I seem to be in the same boat at present in Perth. Very slow to connect and some sites such as Exetel's website don't open. Also can't get Austech.info to open.

Anybody else having these problems today ?