NF/22IncTel to NF/21NoTel while in 12 month contract

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
toast

NF/22IncTel to NF/21NoTel while in 12 month contract

Post by toast » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi,

I'm about to sign my parents up to either NF/22IncTel or NF/21NoTel depending on the answers to the question below, I'd like to be able to go to the IncTel if possible.

They are slightly hesitant about going to VoIP, so I'm hoping that if I sign them up to the NF/22IncTel, then buy the VoIP equipment and get a vanilla 086230xxxx Exetel number for them to trial VoIP. After a couple of months into the 12 month contract, can we change to the naked NF/21NoTel plan, and migrate their PSTN number to VoIP? The migration being the important part.

As a side note, they also have a second phone line with a separate number that is part of a community club. In that transition above, is it possible to move a 'regular' PSTN number to Exetel VoIP as a completely separate service, with different billing information? Is it just a $5 / mo fee for that after the initial setup costs?

Thanks,
Clive

JasonM

Re: NF/22IncTel to NF/21NoTel while in 12 month contract

Post by JasonM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Yes, they can migrate, however, if they do so in contract, a termination fee applies.
We don't currently offer the ability to migrate a Telstra number directly to VoIP - it's only available to Naked DSL customers.

toast

Post by toast » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Thanks Jason. So there would be a contract termination fee (at the moment on the webpage a $100.00), but they wouldn't experience any downtime. Just one day their 089xxx xxxx number is on PSTN, then the next day it's on Exetel VoIP.

Thanks, I'll forward the info and we'll have a decision :)

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:02 am

That's correct.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:20 am

I've helped a number of seniors migrate to a bundled ADSL2 low-end plan. Most were initially suspicious of VoIP, but got it anyway. Their incoming calls come in on the unchanged PSTN number, and the outgoing calls are VoIP on the DID. The ATA automatically handles switching, so they use the same handset for both, and apart from some deliberately altered tones, are otherwise unaware what is happening. There isn't a lot of price difference between bundled and naked for the first contract period when they are getting used to VoIP, and having two phone lines is handy. So far they have all stayed bundled rather than lose the second (PSTN) line.

toast

Post by toast » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:41 pm

JasonM wrote:That's correct.
Hi Jason, I've just posted on the http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 73#p264373 regarding HSPA's ability to move a PSTN to a VoIP service. Looks like this could really be a work around to my problem :)