TELH to NF/22BYOLINE Plan change

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
blerton

TELH to NF/22BYOLINE Plan change

Post by blerton » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm looking at the above plan change which is offered through the Members Facilities plan change page.

I originally started on the ADSL1 TELH plan (August 2008) and a few months ago was given a free upgrade to ADSL2+ out of the blue. It's worked well after a few changeover hiccups but the original plan limit of 6GB peak will shortly be too restrictive for me. Even though I'm on ADSL2+, my details still show TELH with speeds of 1500/256. I don't particularly care about what the details say, since the reality is quite a bit faster. :D

In perusing the 'Change Plan' page, I'm being offered the BYOLINE plans and the one I've mentioned above seems perfect for me with 6 -> 30GB peak allowance increase. I have two questions.

1. The application form mentions $25 if a speed change is required. As I'm already on ADSL2+ speeds courtesy of Exetel's generous free upgrade, there won't actually be a speed change. So, out of curiosity, will I be charged $25 or not?

2. When it was first offered, I chose the 2.00AM - 2.00PM off-peak period. I've retained that period ever since and it suits me well. Will I be able to retain that off-peak period?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: TELH to NF/22BYOLINE Plan change

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:52 am

blerton wrote:1. The application form mentions $25 if a speed change is required. As I'm already on ADSL2+ speeds courtesy of Exetel's generous free upgrade, there won't actually be a speed change. So, out of curiosity, will I be charged $25 or not?
The "Speed change" only applies for movement between ADSL1 speeds so will not apply. But you probably want to email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to get an official answer as to how the previous automatic migration will affect any provisioning costs or contractual terms. Because one of two scenarios may apply:
1. The automatic migration put you onto ADSL2+ infrastructure and either Exetel are generous, or it has been long enough, for the migration to be forgotten about; meaning the plan change proceeds as though you are currently on, say, an ANYPHONE plan instead of the TELH plan (this would have been the equivalent unbundled ADSL2+ plan at the time of your migration)
2. The automatic migration has not been forgotten and the provisioning costs simply deferred until now, where you are explicitly nominating that you wish to incur a ADSL2+ service.

My gut tells me that sufficient time has elapsed for option 1 to take place but you probably should confirm this.
blerton wrote:2. When it was first offered, I chose the 2.00AM - 2.00PM off-peak period. I've retained that period ever since and it suits me well. Will I be able to retain that off-peak period?
I think so as other threads have said the 1-1 and 2-2 nomination persist with you as a customer benefit, not as a service benefit. If not, a simple email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au should reinstate it for you
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

sable

Post by sable » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:51 am

I had customer move to different PTL plan soon after being migrated from ADSL1 by Exetel, there was no line speed change fee charged.

blerton

Post by blerton » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks to both of you for your responses. In particular, thanks to Corey for the extra detail and insight. I appreciate the effort made in responding.

I'll send off an email as suggested.