SIMPLE PORT RESET PLEASE

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Moleman

SIMPLE PORT RESET PLEASE

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:11 pm

I am experiencing extremely slow download speeds since Sunday. 1.2Mb/s.

I have done an isolation test. I have disconnected my modem for over 1/2 hour hoping that the port would reset itself.

I detailed all of this in the request to support via the ticketing system. I have received the generic reply back.

Can someone reset my port please.

Moleman

Re: SIMPLE PORT RESET PLEASE

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Also, I stated in the request my sync speed of around 11Mb/s. The response from the helpdesk, or whatever you call it is for me to supply my sync speed.

I just did an Exetel speed test which told me I can download at 104KB/s from Exetel servers. Yay, thats slower than my internet was 10 years ago.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Moleman wrote:Also, I stated in the request my sync speed of around 11Mb/s. The response from the helpdesk, or whatever you call it is for me to supply my sync speed.

I just did an Exetel speed test which told me I can download at 104KB/s from Exetel servers. Yay, thats slower than my internet was 10 years ago.
KB/s, or kb/s?

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:46 pm

KB/s and ok I meant 5 years ago.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Download Microsoft 36.8 kb/sec
Download Nvidia 37.6 kb/sec
Download Apple 46.3 kb/sec

Exetel speed test 1 757.80kbps 94.73KB/sec
Exetel speed test 2 757.10kbps 94.64KB/sec
Exetel speed test 3 697.80kbps 87.23KB/sec

Speedtest 1.46Mbps
Speedtest 1.70Mbps
Speedtest 1.48Mbps

Modem Sync Download: 11912Kbps
Modem Sync Upload 812Kbps.

senzan

Post by senzan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Mine has been performing terribly since saturday night / sunday aswell. They have already reset my port, it has *slightly* improved, but speeds are still extremely slow.
Your current bandwidth reading is:

831.00kbps

which means you can download at 103.88 KB/sec. from our servers.
I don't get 50k from nvidia or apple :|

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Mine started Saturday night also. Saturday night it was great. I was updating CentOS at about 700KB/s. Sunday morning 700kb/s.

I think my port was reset before and if anything it is now worse

http://www.exetel.com.au/speed/results. ... recorded=1

Since I have been with Exetel I have had service disruptions that have lasted for hours at a time with no explanation whatsoever. One disruption went for three days. Two days of no connectivity at all and over 24 hours after that before my IP addresses were routed correctly.

February 19th An outage that lasted for approx 6 hours with no one admitting to anything.

January 21st an outage that lasted for about an hour with no explanation.

October 20th another outage.

September 30th maintenance was carried out leading to service disruption for a considerable amount of time as well as then disruption to IP address routing.

October 1st through my own troubleshooting I discovered the abovementioned IP address routing problem.

And these are just the ones that I have whinged about on this forum.

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=35325

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=34978

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=33969

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=33745

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=284&t=33727

I had 8000/384 ADSL with my previous provider TPG and did not have to contact support once for anything. No outages at all in the 1 1/2 to 2 years I was with them. I have said this before on this forum and I am going to say it again. I am sorry I left TPG.

Plus then you get the staff that have to chime in on a post to be smart. Staff tell you that you should be happy because the service is so cheap.

If you can't offer a proper service for the current price then put the price up. We are paying for ADSL2+ as advertised and should get what we are paying for.

And you wonder why people get upset.Why should I sit here and do speedtest after speedtest with 15 minutes inbetween when I know that the speed hasn't changed since Sunday. Why should I sit here and inbetween speed test after speed test, start multiple downloads from microsoft, nvidia and apple when I know that no matter where I go, the result is the same.

Is my time not also valuable. Basically my time is sacrificed so that you can cut corners by employing barely literate foreigners to deal with Residential and Business customers. Corporate, now thats a different story, but us low life Residential and Business customers deserve no better.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm

I am so out of here come June this year. I am actually thinking that I could't be bothered waiting for my contract to expire and it would be worth the money to rid myself of these constant problems.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Didn't we cover your problems here?
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p249366

PM your service number to me, the IP address you posted from isn't matched to a service at the moment.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:44 pm

JasonM wrote:Didn't we cover your problems here?
viewtopic.php?t=32652#p249366
That post was within the first month of my service with Exetel.

Since then I have had numerous service disruptions as per the links posted above and accompanying dates. Now I have a slow speed problem, so I would like to know how you fixed that problem 8 months ago, before it even happened.

I don't care what support you provide really, as long as I don't have to contact support again. I am not the sort of person who posts a problem that is my YouTube video has to be buffered as I understand that issues outside of your network are out of your hands. Also server load, etc. etc. comes into those problems. I am currently working long hours and don't really have the time, nor could Exetel afford my time to sit here and do speed test after speed test with 15 minute intervals between each one. I have a business connection. As a result of my business connection I receive no off-peak data and a few other items but pay a similar price to residential. I was advised previously by a very helpful network engineer who fixed my /29 block routing problem which failed after Exetel network maintenance, to contact either business or corporate support in the future if I have problems. There is no business support, there is only Residential/Business support that requires me to sit here and do speed test after speed test and monitor my connection for 24 hours while being disconnected trying to ring for support and told that I have to ring back later due to so many calls while the call waiting times web page tells me there are no calls. Take my word for it, something is not right.

My service is still slow and no different today. I have had a port reset. The IP address my post is coming from is from the block if /29 IP addresses I have on this service. Last night I reset my router back to factory configuration and reconfigured it with no difference.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 pm

JasonM wrote:Didn't we cover your problems here?
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p249366

PM your service number to me, the IP address you posted from isn't matched to a service at the moment.
It looks as if my IP address block isn't working again. The IP address should be matched to my service.

Can someone please check if it is as my servers have been offline since last night without my knowledge till now when I have finished work.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that I have done a port reset on your profile so therefore could you please kindly power cycle the modem for 15 minutes and then connect only the modem directly to the wall socket and monitor the service for next 24 Hrs. If you still experience slow speed issue, please send us results of three speed tests which can be obtained from www.exetel.com.au/speed in order for us to investigate further. (please arrange at least 3 test results, each 15 minutes apart)

Regards,

Anushka
Support Engineer
Exetel Pty Ltd

============================
Exetel Pty Ltd - PRIVACY POLICY
============================

Exetel has exercised care to avoid errors in the information contained in this Email but does not warrant that the information is error or omission free. The information (including any pricing information) contained in this Email is subject to change. This Email is not a quotation or proposal and is not intended to be legally binding on Exetel. No contractual obligations arise until you and Exetel complete a formal written contract or formal variation to your existing contract. Any pricing contained in this Email is inclusive of GST unless otherwise stated.

PRIVACY POLICY: Exetel respects your privacy, and we will only reveal, discuss, or transact with the owner of the service(s) via e-mail or telephone once we are satisfied we have identified the person who is seeking information. If for any reason any other person(s) wishes to enquire on a service that they are not the owner of, we will not discuss any matters with them. Exetel's Privacy policy is not negotiable under any circumstances, except for urgent or vital situations as described in the relevant Federal legislation (Privacy Act).

DISCLAIMER: This email message and accompanying data may contain information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately and delete all material pertaining to this e-mail.

=== Exetel Customer Service Survey ========================================================================
In our continuous efforts to improve the quality of our services to you, we welcome your feedback and would appreciate a moment of your time here: https://www.exetel.com.au/survey/res_support_survey.php
==========================================================================================================
This is the last email I received last night prior to switching off my modem as advised in this email.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 am

My speed is back to normal but the IP routing still isn't working correctly.

I can ping my server from www.websitepulse.com but cannot connect to any services on it. I can however connect to all services from my end.

Something still isn't right. Has web filtering been implemented recently by Exetel?

Thats about all I can think it is. It almost seems like my ports are blocked but they aren't. ICMP is the only protocol that works connecting to my server from outside my premises.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 pm

I have gone out today and purchased a brand new adsl2+ modem. Speedtest shows me able to receive 10Mb/s. Not one other download that I have done this evening including Microsoft, Apple, etc. etc. etc. goes over 100KB/s.

I even tried downloading from a pipe mirror and can't get over 100KB/s.

What is going on?