Increase Of $5.00 Per Month In Your Current Plan Charge

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
wewak

Re: Increase Of $5.00 Per Month In Your Current Plan Charge

Post by wewak » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Ok. I am on the TL-BA plan ($45, 12GB Peak). I've just had a look at the new pricing and notice that I am up for a $10 fee to change plan. Being asked to change plan and then being asked to cough up for the privelige is outrageous.

If I decide to do nothing I understand that my monthly cost will be $50 (including the $5 fee) which is the same as I would move to with slightly lower download limits and higher excess charges. I think I'll stay where I am and save my $10 as my current limits are more than adequate.

One thing I would like though is 15c per min to mobiles.

If I sign up to a new plan will I go on that rate, or stay on the 22c per min rate?

Also, will I annoy anyone and continue to get hassled to change plans if I choose not to?

Thanks.

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 am

Baldrick wrote:Edit:
Just as a little side note, Telstra called me a couple of weeks ago asking how my service was going, etc. I grumbled at them a lot about how I was very unhappy about them refusing several months ago to allow me to shift from the HomelinePlus plan back to HomeLineBasic without them disconnecting my internet. The Telstra lady then switched it over for me on the spot without any need to have Exetel apply for adsl reconnection, effectively dropping my bill by a further $10.00 / month.
I am very happy now. :mrgreen:
Ring Telstra. Demand a backdated refund. If you're on ADSL1 you should never have been refused HLB in the first place! You were given incorrect info and have been overcharged for months.

ADSL2 however cannot get HLB.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm

PatrickT wrote:Having just followed Exetel's suggestion of looking at new ADSL1 plans all I can assume is that Exetel doesn't want ADSL1 customers. There is now just one high speed ADSL1 plan: Z/8192 at $90 a month with 50gb peak/50gb off peak. This single new plan is not overly competitive when compared with other options available to Tasmanians from other non-telstra ISPs - most unlike Exetel!
ForumAdmin posted here that a lower usage 8Mbps plan is being figured out at the moment
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

caspersky

Post by caspersky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:26 pm

I am on TL-BA plan and never received any email notifying increase in charges. Does that mean i will be charged $5 more for nothing starting from April?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 am

caspersky wrote:I am on TL-BA plan and never received any email notifying increase in charges. Does that mean i will be charged $5 more for nothing starting from April?
Probably best to email billing to confirm. It is possible that the email got lost in transit somehow (local spam filter maybe?)
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Korobushka

Post by Korobushka » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 pm

I am currently on TL-BA 1500/256 12GB/no charge. I got the email about the price increases and put in to change to FP-C1 as it was the same downloads but without the ridiculous $6 per/gb over the limit fee. Around the same time I got this email and put into change I got a new housemate who evidently churns through a lot more downloads than I. We agreed to split the cost of stepping up to FP-C2 (only $10 a month) so as to get an extra 24gb on peak.

However, when I put the change in tonight, I got an error message, "Duplicate" or something. Can someone in the know tell me which change of plan exetel have received - and if it's FP-C1, can an Admin change it to FP-C2 for me?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Korobushka wrote:but without the ridiculous $6 per/gb over the limit fee
You are charged $6/GB on any plan that has a shaping option carry over. You can get this shaping overlay removed by emailing residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, then you will get charged that plan's standard excess usage charge instead.

I think you need to email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au anyway, in order to confirm that you get changed to FP-C2, but ask them to remove the shaping overlay as well

Korobushka

Post by Korobushka » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Korobushka wrote:but without the ridiculous $6 per/gb over the limit fee
You are charged $6/GB on any plan that has a shaping option carry over. You can get this shaping overlay removed by emailing residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, then you will get charged that plan's standard excess usage charge instead.

I think you need to email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au anyway, in order to confirm that you get changed to FP-C2, but ask them to remove the shaping overlay as well
What is the standard excess usage charge on TL-BA then? Same as FP-C1?

Maybe I missed a few months of WP, but wasn't I once able to have my connection shaped?

Thanks for your help re confirmation :)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 am

Korobushka wrote:What is the standard excess usage charge on TL-BA then? Same as FP-C1?
Can't remember. At most it is $3/GB, at best it is $0.50/GB. I know TEL- plans were $3/GB and I *think* TL- plans were $0.50/GB
Korobushka wrote:Maybe I missed a few months of WP, but wasn't I once able to have my connection shaped?
Yes. But Exetel have since removed the option to *select* shaping because the new plans have only $0.50/GB excess usages, meaning shaping isn't necessary (if you want shaping for the cost savings, it is better for you to upgrade your plan to FP plans). Exetel have allowed users who previously selected shaping to continue with the 2GB buffer and $6/Gb thereafter option until they email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to ask for it to be removed

Korobushka

Post by Korobushka » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Ahh, all good then.

I have asked for shaping to stay on till the end of this month and then FP-C2 comes on next month and it shouldn't be a worry after that. Thanks for all the help :)

caspersky

Post by caspersky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Emailed both billing and residentialsupport without reply. I'm pretty sure that i haven't received any increase charges email and emails from Exetel never go into spam filters before. This is ridiculous, are they going to assume every Exetel customers will visit the forums and eventually find out all the news themselves? This is just not right.

sable

Post by sable » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:50 pm

caspersky wrote:Emailed both billing and residentialsupport without reply. I'm pretty sure that i haven't received any increase charges email and emails from Exetel never go into spam filters before. This is ridiculous, are they going to assume every Exetel customers will visit the forums and eventually find out all the news themselves? This is just not right.

When did you join Exetel, if you are still within your initial 6 month contract period you would probably not have had the price increase email sent to you.

I would expect that when you are out of contract you will receive the "Plan withdrawn email"

caspersky

Post by caspersky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:34 pm

sable wrote:
caspersky wrote:Emailed both billing and residentialsupport without reply. I'm pretty sure that i haven't received any increase charges email and emails from Exetel never go into spam filters before. This is ridiculous, are they going to assume every Exetel customers will visit the forums and eventually find out all the news themselves? This is just not right.

When did you join Exetel, if you are still within your initial 6 month contract period you would probably not have had the price increase email sent to you.

I would expect that when you are out of contract you will receive the "Plan withdrawn email"
That is the problem. My contract ends on 28th March 2010, giving them a perfect excuse to increase my plan charges.

sable

Post by sable » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:55 pm

That is the problem. My contract ends on 28th March 2010, giving them a perfect excuse to increase my plan charges.
That is why you did not receive the price increase email.

What makes you think Exetel will increase the price of your plan without notifying you in somne way?

However I do not think you are going to get off scott free.

As I said before wait for the "Your plan has been withdrawn" email and if past history is true to form you will be given the option to;

Leave
Change your plan to a current one at the current price, plan change cost $10
Do nothing and be moved to the current closest plan to your old plan. No charge.

Or anticipate the issue and change your plan now if there is a current one that suits you better. eg unlimited offpeak and 50 cent per Gb excess.

Your choice, like it or not the price is going up at some time.

caspersky

Post by caspersky » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:23 am

Well i don't know what Exetel will do to my account. Anyway, thinking that perhaps i might just change to the Z/1500 plan if it's gonna be $50 after all. Same price, but doubled the onpeak quota, offpeak data is less but i don't use that much anyway.