Are all ADSL 1 plans increasing from 1st April?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
terryc

Are all ADSL 1 plans increasing from 1st April?

Post by terryc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:31 pm

Received an email today to say that my old adsl1 service(TEL1) will go up $5 on !st april 2010.
That puts my current plan out of our price range, so after finding out that the link included in the email was useless (change services link only gives ADSL2 plans), I eventually found the ADSL1 churn user pages and am using those for cost guidance.

Trouble is they are dated 13 Feb 2010 and I was wondering if they are going to be correct for next month.

T.I.A.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Are all ADSL 1 plans increasing from 1st April?

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Check out your member facilities. There will be a list of plans available for you to change to. If you look at the ADSL1 plans, so long as you pick the same speed there shouldn't be any plan change charge (or is there currently a $10 charge? Not sure) and I wouldn't be surprised if you find one that is cheaper than your current TEL plan. The only missing feature is that new plans don't have the 100 free VOIP calls.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

terryc

Post by terryc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 pm

That is what I have already said, there is not any ADSL one plans listed. Only ADSL 2.

Did someone screw up the website or am I missing an emal to say that Exetel is no longer offering ADSL1 at my exchange?

Also, I am looking for someone to confirm that the prices currently listed on the ADSL1 churn pages are still the monthly charges for next month.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:14 pm

terryc wrote:That is what I have already said, there is not any ADSL one plans listed. Only ADSL 2.
OK, What might have happened is that you were automatically migrated to an ADSL2+ service. A while ago, Exetel did a mass migration of customers on old TEL plans on certain exchanges to upgrade them to ADSL2+ infrastructure for free because it actually worked out cheaper for everybody involved. If this is the case, then moving back to ADSL1 infrastructure is complicated and so the options won't show in your member facilities. I guess you can email Exetel to confirm whether this is the case for you. Or check your modem sync stats? Are they 1.5Mbps, or higher?

For most people, the ADSL2+ plans offer faster speeds, more quota and/or lower costs than their ADSL1 counterparts, so you should check this to ensure that you select the optimal plan for your needs.
terryc wrote:Also, I am looking for someone to confirm that the prices currently listed on the ADSL1 churn pages are still the monthly charges for next month.
The churn prices are the same as the new user prices, the only difference is the activation charge (which doesn't apply for you, I think a $10 plan change fee applies to people receiving this email notification). But prices are subject to change at any time (though I suspect they will remain stable now for a while)
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au