New plans - I'm confused

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
James
Exetel Staff

Re: New plans - I'm confused

Post by James » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 pm

jokiin wrote:
jubba wrote: I'm suprised staff haven't posted anything on this thread yet.
staff don't monitor the forums as such
I constantly monitor them, but only post when I have something productive/helpful to say.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 pm

James wrote:
jokiin wrote:
jubba wrote: I'm suprised staff haven't posted anything on this thread yet.
staff don't monitor the forums as such
I constantly monitor them, but only post when I have something productive/helpful to say.
I know you're here quite a lot, I meant more that it shouldn't be replied on for every post to be read by a staff member so not to expect comments, better to raise a support ticket or use the suggestion box where appropriate if there are questions that require answers

frugalest

Post by frugalest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:11 am

Oh ok, I didn't realise the support ticket should be used for that purpose. (Just in case it's not, I used the suggestion box anyway.)

I sent this:

-----
In reference to the two new plans, FP-B1 and Z/512... Is it at all possible there is a typo in the details of one of the plans? I note they are both the same speed and the same price. But the one with the higher peak download quota, also receives the higher "unlimited" off peak. In other words, FP-B1 has two advantages over Z/512, rather than each plan having just one advantage over the other, depending on a user's preference.

ie:
FP-B1 = 24Gb Peak, Unlimited Off Peak
Z/512 = 12Gb Peak, 24Gb Off Peak

If you follow the "pattern" of all the plans as they are laid out in the table, it seems like the plan details were actually meant to be something like this:

FP-B1: 24Gb Peak, 12Gb Off Peak
Z/512: 12Gb Peak, Unlimited Off Peak

(Please look at the plans in the table a few times - how when peak quota increases, off peak decreases - and you'll understand what I mean.)
-----

I'm now toggling between a 512 & 1500kbps plan. But even if I go 1500, I'll still post their reply if I receive one.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 am

frugalest wrote:Just in case it's not, I used the suggestion box anyway.
Good plan of action. Suggestions are read by senior management, who make the pricing decisions, so it'll get read and responded to.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au