New plan - am I missing something?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ashlan

New plan - am I missing something?

Post by ashlan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:39 pm

I recently received notice my ADSL plan (TL-CA) will soon increase in price from $75 to $85, and thought I'd look at other plans as an alternative.

Current: TL-CA: 15G/50G, 8192/384 ADLS1

This is going to be $85 now, so I've changed to:

FP-D2: 30G/Unlimited, 8192/384 ADLS1 - $75

I really don't understand something here - what am I missing? Is this purely an exercise to hose older plans and attract people to new ones? Or is this new plan I've chosen FP-D2 not what I think it is?
Perth WA · ADSL1 8192/384 · Netgear DGN220v3
WWW: Ashlan Nathens · scribblegraph
GPlus: +Ashlan Nathens · +scribblegraph

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: New plan - am I missing something?

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:24 pm

ashlan wrote:I really don't understand something here - what am I missing? Is this purely an exercise to hose older plans and attract people to new ones? Or is this new plan I've chosen FP-D2 not what I think it is?
Exetel regularly encourage people to switch plans and many people find plans cheaper and/or of higher quota, so what you describe is not surprising.

One caveat: the FP-D1/D2 plans are a 12 month contract as opposed to 6 month contracts, so you should verify whether changing plans renews your contract term (if so, you should see this on the Member Facilities order page, before confirming the order). Actually, all other Exetel plans (ADSL2+ included) are 6 month contracts, so that fact that this 8Mbps plan is 12 months is a little odd; perhaps the savings are re-couped somewhat in the long run due to fixed contracted charges but projected reductions in expenses?

But, unlike many other circumstances in life, Exetel plans looking "too good to be true" are not a trick or a con; they are indeed pure value for money and I do not know of anything suss about these FP-D plans. Your current experience of 8Mbps plans should remain unaffected and the change simply amounts to a billing one.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ashlan

Re: New plan - am I missing something?

Post by ashlan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:20 am

Corey, as always - thank you for your input:) Cheers mate.
Perth WA · ADSL1 8192/384 · Netgear DGN220v3
WWW: Ashlan Nathens · scribblegraph
GPlus: +Ashlan Nathens · +scribblegraph